Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Lift options 5100 Bilstein?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by 06denaliman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:21 pm

I was really looking into lifts this weekend. I want to do something with the front and was thinking replacing the strut too. As i was looking i found the 5100 Bilstein. It says can lift from 0”-2”. Has anyone had experience just using the 5100 as the lift and stock springs and mounts? Was also thinking i could just use it to level my truck out and all would be good. Any one have experience with the 5100?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Wahugg » Wed May 01, 2019 9:16 pm

The 5100's are a great option that kills two birds with one stone; the lift and a more stout strut. Sadly they were not an option when I had this platform so I have no direct experience. However, the limited number of reviews here and on GMTnation are positive. It may be in your benefit to replace the mounts and to a lesser degree, the springs. They tend to wear out along with the strut. If you plan on doing serious off roading, putting on heavier tires, or carrying weight (think recovery gear, skids, steel bumper, or WD hitch) it would be in your benefit to upgrade to a heavier spring rate. Most individuals have found 87's to be the sweet spot with skids and such. If this is not in your vehicles scope, I would still recommend replacing/ upgrading the springs to 85/86's to replace a potentially worn part and to give a more firm ride (that is my preference).

Best of luck,
Wahugg
Wahugg
Addict

Name: Wahugg
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by 06denaliman » Wed May 01, 2019 10:53 pm

Wahugg wrote:The 5100's are a great option that kills two birds with one stone; the lift and a more stout strut. Sadly they were not an option when I had this platform so I have no direct experience. However, the limited number of reviews here and on GMTnation are positive. It may be in your benefit to replace the mounts and to a lesser degree, the springs. They tend to wear out along with the strut. If you plan on doing serious off roading, putting on heavier tires, or carrying weight (think recovery gear, skids, steel bumper, or WD hitch) it would be in your benefit to upgrade to a heavier spring rate. Most individuals have found 87's to be the sweet spot with skids and such. If this is not in your vehicles scope, I would still recommend replacing/ upgrading the springs to 85/86's to replace a potentially worn part and to give a more firm ride (that is my preference).

Best of luck,
Wahugg

Thanks for the input. I was also planning on upgrading springs with the 15125887. But i also was trying to find what possibly my stock springs are so i could also judge what lift id get from springs. But in the stickied thread with spring part number and rpo’s i did not see mine. Which are 6fu and 7fu. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by GiedriusZ » Fri May 03, 2019 2:27 am

hello, maybe what would you say about buying a 5100 Bilstein shock absorber online? With us in Europe I can't find such internet, Rockauto didn't find the same
Giedrius, Lithuania
------------------
Chevy Trailblazer LTZ, 4x4
GiedriusZ
Cruiser

Name: Giedrius
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

Return to Lifts / Suspension