Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

BDS 2” and/or Bilstein 5100’s?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by onelove02 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:25 pm

Hey guys, a month new here to this forum and to my newly used 2003 TB Lt 2wd 4.2!

I will be redoing the suspension next week finally, now that I’ve decided exactly what I’m doing with it and aquired most the parts.

My question is... in order to get the 2” of lift in the front I want, should I install the BDS spacers with my Bilstein 5100’s set in the stock ride height clip? Or is that pointless and should I return the BDS, and use the 2” ride height adjustable clip on the shocks?

I have both and was planning on installing both, but I want to make sure I’m not wasting time or parts.

I searched the forum quite a bit but couldn’t find insight on this specifically. Thanks guys!

-Alex
onelove02

Name: Alex
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Anthony Hernandez » Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:24 pm

i was wondering the same thing. I am not sure if my springs are causing my issues, or that there is too much lift, but i was gonna drop back down tot he bds 2" or just get those different adjustable bilstiens. HE hits some decent trails, and doesn't seem to have issues with them. If you don't end up using the lift, i would be interested in buying it from you man. i'm currently running marks 3" with moogs and i'm trashing my cvs... not even on trails, just driving to work.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by DirtyBacon04 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:22 pm

I'm not familiar with the 5100s and their adjustability. Back in the day, a lot of us were running BDS 2" w/ Bilstein 4600s. I ran those for about 3-4 years before I got the radflos. If the 5100s aren't valved differently, I don't see the point in paying the extra cost over the 4600s.
An adjustable shock isn't necessary since the BDS lift is inside the strut. Factory size shocks are still used with a proper inside-the-strut lift.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Lifts / Suspension