Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Monroe quick struts + Supreme Suspensions 3", 2" ????

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by haymad » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:27 pm

Just picked up an 07 Trailblazer and want to put the supreme suspensions 3" front 2" rear I found on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HV ... UTF8&psc=1

I see frequently bought together with the Supreme Suspensions lift is the Monroe 171341 Quick-Strut Complete Strut Assembly and Monroe 58644 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber.

I went ahead and got all 3 and tried putting them on yesterday. Now it seems the monroe strut tower is too tall/long to fit back in with the supreme suspensions spacers in there. Do the monroe quick struts not allow for the supreme suspensions strut spacers? Anyone have any experience with these parts??? Not sure what to do now except to send back the monroe quick struts and just put the supreme suspension lift back on to the OEM strut tower. Any help or advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!
haymad

Name: Hayden Madison
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by Diacom » Sun Feb 03, 2019 3:14 pm

I think what you are running into is that you need to disassemble the Quick-Strut to add in the lift piece you purchased. I would send those back however and purchase a set that is more recommended with a little research on this site.

There are a few brands to choose from. Most having been run through the ringer with feedback. Bilstien, BDS, and several others have been used. Start with viewtopic.php?p=19428#p19428 and go from there.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by haymad » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:25 am

Diacom wrote:I think what you are running into is that you need to disassemble the Quick-Strut to add in the lift piece you purchased. I would send those back however and purchase a set that is more recommended with a little research on this site.

I compressed the new monroe quick struts and installed the strut spacer then put everything back together but when I go to put them back on the truck, I install the thin disc they call "lift spacer plates" on the OUTSIDE and top of the tower and then the quick struts dont fit down into the spindle where the pinch joint is. The angle is off. If I leave those out then everything mounts up fine and truck is def way higher but not sure by how much over stock. Those extra spacers measure .5" and im assuming should make it taller. If you click the link to the amazon product, Im referring to the two discs in the foreground of the product picture.

I appreciate your reply Diacom!!
haymad

by Diacom » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:07 pm

Start by installing into the lower arm first, then either lower the vehicle or lift the arm up as you align the strut with the upper spacer in place to the upper tower. See if that helps.

My only other concern is that on Amazon at least, they do not give the rating of the spring on the Ready Strut. It may or may not be a good match depending on what else you intend to do to your TB. If they are a low spring rate and you add skids and a bumper for example, you may lose a portion of the lift you are installing now.

Again, this all depends on what else you intend to do. It might be possible to find out the spring rate and it may match up quite well however.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by MrJohn613Tube » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:50 am

i also found it difficult to re-assemble. here's how i did mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYnUlTJwLN0 i found it would only go back together one-way. attach the spacer to the strut, make sure the strut, spacer, and lower mount are all in one piece but keep the lower mount pinch bolt loose. make sure the anti-sway bar links are outta the way! put the lifted strut assembly up into position and just put one nut up top loose, to hold it from falling. then you can make sure the LCA is low enough to slide the lower mount onto the lower arm. this is how i did it, and i think its the only way i could get it on. hope this helps ya Madison :) good luck, dot give up its not an easy one but the ground clearance is worth it! also you will likely need to flip your upper control arms to correct your ball-joints and camber geometry. thats what i had to do in order to correct my upper joint and camber geometry.
MrJohn613Tube

Name: john
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD

by haymad » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:46 pm

I guess the Monroe part is a little longer than OEM. Once they start to sag a bit I'll throw in the extra 1/2"

Thank you everyone for the insight!
haymad

by 06denaliman » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:00 pm

haymad wrote:I guess the Monroe part is a little longer than OEM. Once they start to sag a bit I'll throw in the extra 1/2"

Thank you everyone for the insight!

Just posted about this kit. How is the lift quality. Im interested in it. For the price its exactly what im looking for. Thanks for any help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
06denaliman

Name: Justin
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Lifts / Suspension