Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Project BroncVoy

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by BroncVoy » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:03 am

I have recently purchased a wrecked 2002 GMC Envoy with 108k miles for $500, consequently the front drivers side suspension has been trashed. I also have a set of axles from a 68' Ford Bronco D44/ford 9in. axles that are loaded with cromoly axles, CTM U-joints, Detroit Lockers, and 4.56 Gears.

I am planning on removing the transfer case, Front IFS and the rear axle; everything except the front drivers side parts are in usable condition. If anyone is in need of these parts, I'm your man! Contact Max at (865)323-6153 I'm located in Knoxville, TN.

The plan is to mate the 4L60E to a NP231 Jeep Transfer Case via an Advance Adapters adapter kit. Custom Fab a Spring-Over Leaf Spring Front Suspension to locate the Dana 44 front axle and a 4-link Coil Rear Suspension to locate the Ford 9in. rear axle.

I do need some ideas in the steering pump and box department. Let me know if you have any other ideas! I will post some pics of the wreck tomorrow and keep you posted on progess.
BroncVoy

Name: Max Chase
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:14 pm

Welcome Max! Glad you decided to head over here.

I've always thought that the hardest part of an SAS would be the steering setup. I imagine you'll just have to shop around a good bit for one configured right... either way, I'm sure you're going to be creating a new front cross-member to mount the box to... you can probably share that cross-member with the front spring mounts. You may be able to use the stock PS pump, but I'm not sure. Either way, you'll probably need to get new PS lines.

Are you planning to re-configure the oil pan too? It sit's so low that you may want to chop it off and re-weld it shut. It works for IFS, but not so sure about a SA.

Any idea what the total lift you're aiming for is? What size tires are you looking to run? Will this be a street legal project once completed?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Gordinho80 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:52 pm

This sounds like a very interesting project. Can't wait to see what comes out of this... :cheers:
Mario - Build Thread
Gordinho80
Lifer

Name: Mario Almeida
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by bgwolfpack » Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:02 pm

Will you be starting a 'Build Thread' for this Project?
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

Return to Lifts / Suspension