Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Shocks without lift

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by cpyonker » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

We need to replace The shocks on the trailblazer but we're not ready to lift it yet. Can we put taller shocks on without the lift. So we will be ready for the lift. We are just running spacers and 31s to start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by TBYODA » Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:55 pm

The front strut are all the same so yes. Get the Bilstein HD Struts F4-BE5-A333-H0. As far as the rears shock I am not totally sure. When researching the skyjacker n8030 I did read a post on amazon stating they bought them for a stock TB but who knows the out come. My guess is you should be fine with the 2" of travel as long you don't go flex the rear a lot so the springs fall out. :lol: Hopeful some other will chime in with there thoughts.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by mason10198 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:41 pm

You'd be fine using longer shocks as long as you don't go crazy with the flexing like Yoda said and lose your springs. You could get some limiting straps which could be beneficial to have even with a lift.

As far Ash shocks go, be careful with the Skyjackers. There is a reason they are so cheap. I used mine for about a month and they popped and stuck and squeaked like crazy. I could pick up the rearend of the truck a few inches by hand and let go and it would stick and stay there. I eventually ripped them off and went straight to big beefy Fox Racing 2.0 shocks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
mason10198

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TBYODA » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:14 pm

mason10198 wrote:You'd be fine using longer shocks as long as you don't go crazy with the flexing like Yoda said and lose your springs. You could get some limiting straps which could be beneficial to have even with a lift.

As far Ash shocks go, be careful with the Skyjackers. There is a reason they are so cheap. I used mine for about a month and they popped and stuck and squeaked like crazy. I could pick up the rearend of the truck a few inches by hand and let go and it would stick and stay there. I eventually ripped them off and went straight to big beefy Fox Racing 2.0 shocks.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Wow you really must have gotten a bum set. The ones I bought were from scratch and dent on there site so were cheaper but they seem ok. Have not done what your saying. I am probably going to swap with the bilstein 33-185552 in the spring. I think the valuing is just little off with the skyjackers because I have always gotten a slight ass circular shake over bumps. Only way I can describe it :lol:
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by cpyonker » Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks guys ended up getting a rc kit so I won’t be needing the info anymore though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
cpyonker
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Lifts / Suspension