Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Quick Disco's???

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:45 pm

I am leaning toward the JKS that roadie and alek have but am looking to see if there are any other in use out there.

I know about the smaxx, but they are not quick discos and the extra money for pullinga pin on the jks vs taking off a nut on smaxx is worth it to me. I like the non threaded idea.

I am hearing teraflex and rough country may have something, but I am starting my research and have not found a perfect fit. Any help is appreciated.

Also, can someone measure the smaxx ones and the jks if possible? It will help with finding more alternatives.

Thanks
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:36 pm

SMAXX should be coming up with a disconnectable version soon, but I haven't asked in a few weeks. I removed my JKS because the alignment was at the limits of the spherical bearing and they ended up getting damaged. Except for the 1 3/4 hour drive to the desert through twisty mountain roads, I found I was wanting to leave them off all the time. Teebes removed his bars altogether, IIRC.

I'm not sure the increase in articulation is worth as much as I used to think. With aired down tires, and both rear wheels locked and pushing on the rocks, I haven't been thwarted on a trail for the lack of both front wheels contacting the terrain. 3 wheels on the rocks might actually result in better contact patches of tires conforming to the rocks, than 4 wheels touching, but each one having less weight on them. Terrain texture and moisture content might play a much bigger role than contact patch, though. Not sure. The science is hazy in my mind and the equations could go either way, without some experiments to run.

I'll measure mine when I get to the garage and find 'em.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by NeilageInc » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:10 pm

I will do a set This weekend if you guys would like. They will be fully disconnect-able like they should be. Let me know, Thanks Neil.
NEILAGEINC.com
NeilageInc

Name: Neil Talmadge
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:15 am

I will take them. PM sent.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
HARDTRAILZ

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:26 am

I will say that having both swaybars completely disco'ed and getting a nice layer of snow and ice can make for some interesting driving. :drive:

Can't wait to get the quick disco's :excited:
HARDTRAILZ

by Zero » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:36 am

Neil are you gona post up some pics for us?
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Lifts / Suspension