Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Z 71 springs

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Philberto » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:28 pm

Hey man, you should add your location to your profile info... just so that the rest of us know where you are. If you're local, then I'm more than willing to join in on a trip to the desert or Big Bear or wherever.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by vagator » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 pm

I wanted to follow up on Roadie's comments. The Bilstein's will limit articulation, but in my opinion that wasn't the major problem. My primary issue was that they were often overpowered by the Z71 springs, as in bone-jarring, teeth-chattering stiffness. I swithced to the BDS shocks this weekend, what a difference...I can't believe it took me this long. Just my two cents, from somebody with bds lift and fullsize springs.
vagator
Cruiser

Name: Chuck
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:59 pm

vagator wrote:I wanted to follow up on Roadie's comments. The Bilstein's will limit articulation, but in my opinion that wasn't the major problem. My primary issue was that they were often overpowered by the Z71 springs, as in bone-jarring, teeth-chattering stiffness. I swithced to the BDS shocks this weekend, what a difference...I can't believe it took me this long. Just my two cents, from somebody with bds lift and fullsize springs.

Good to hear. I just hate to waste money on bds if I am thinking bigger and badder in the near future.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Previous

Return to Lifts / Suspension