Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Isn't it time for a new Radflow group buy?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Anthony Hernandez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:29 am

Yea man they really are worth it. No combination of strut/spring/lift are actually made for our trucks bro, these are. They are around 550 as far as spring rate IIRC. They are expensive, but also rebuildable. And there's a lifetime warranty on that I believe also. I've only heard great things.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by HawkeyeC25 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:16 am

bartonmd wrote:
All of your questions can be answered with a search. This is not the first Radflo thread...

Mike

Well Mike, people are trying to SELL ME (and others) on buying these so everyone can save themselves a few hundred bucks so I figured they could help answer the questions quickly. I'm not interested enough at this point to search the 50 some pages on radflos to get simple answers. Also, things may have changed since these were first snatched up almost 4 years ago and $300 cheaper. It also won't answer if the price he was just quoted includes shipping.

So my questions still stand to the individuals that want to help me out on this thread.
Thanks all!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by Anthony Hernandez » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 am

Hahaha. Naw man that's not with shipping. And there's no reason to get pist at anyone. The senior guys on the site have done all the research for us already. That's why mike was sayin to read. Lol.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony

by HawkeyeC25 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:27 am

No not pissed at all! Just not a fan of comments that might result in not getting the help I need... And the old threads are a little stale so needed to know if anything changed. Thanks!!
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

by TBYODA » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:36 pm

The price of the radflo's for our platform is really cheap in comparison. Go look up other platforms. I've seen 1k each and you have to remember these were custom made for that in themselves is gonna drive price up. IIRC shipping was a between $40-60.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by Grimor » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:43 pm

I have a second hand set from the original group buy. I am anything but easy on them and have had no issues. I did adjust them from 3"lift to 2.5" when I got them but will be moving them back to 3" when I put my new hubs on. I am not aware of anyone who has had to rebuild one yet, but it's nice that is available as opposed to the normal break and replace.
Grimor
Trail-Blazer

Name: Dennis
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by ErikSS » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:53 pm

I blame my Radflo for making me wait so long to SAS. The capability of these trucks with Radflo on and off road is truly impressive. Big thanks to Mike and Matt for being the guys to first test these out. They are worth the big money for those who can afford it. The older 88 spring, MarkMC 3", and Bilstein struts is a tried and true option for those wanting a less expensive option.
It's not how fast you go. It's how quick you get there. Lifted TBSS Build
ErikSS
Lifer

Name: Erik

by NC_IslandRunner » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:23 pm

HawkeyeC25 wrote:No not pissed at all! Just not a fan of comments that might result in not getting the help I need... And the old threads are a little stale so needed to know if anything changed. Thanks!!

But reading would get you the help you need.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by v7guy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:51 am

HawkeyeC25 wrote:
bartonmd wrote:
All of your questions can be answered with a search. This is not the first Radflo thread...

Mike

Well Mike, people are trying to SELL ME (and others) on buying these so everyone can save themselves a few hundred bucks so I figured they could help answer the questions quickly. I'm not interested enough at this point to search the 50 some pages on radflos to get simple answers. Also, things may have changed since these were first snatched up almost 4 years ago and $300 cheaper. It also won't answer if the price he was just quoted includes shipping.

So my questions still stand to the individuals that want to help me out on this thread.
Thanks all!

Nothing has changed other than price. Virtually every person that has bought them have hands down preferred them over the lift kit... except maybe HARDTRAILZ and even he has commented they're better, he just wasn't sure they were worth the price for the improvement... if I remember correctly.
I've been in multiple vehicles with stock springs lifted, heavier gm springs lifted and with the radflos, and I've been in them back to back. The radflos are significantly more comfortable on and off road. If the group purchase goes through I'm reasonably confident they're going on the envoy for the misses to drive the kid around in.

But don't just take my word for it, a simple search for "Radflo" turned up four pages of results, at least 1/3rd of those results can be disregarded by thread title, the rest are build threads and conversation about the radflos and guys thoughts on em, there's even a short thread on pairing them with rear shocks. I would guess you could narrow it down to a dozen threads or so.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by bartonmd » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:21 am

v7guy wrote:
HawkeyeC25 wrote:
bartonmd wrote:

Mike

Thanks all!

Nothing has changed other than price. Virtually every person that has bought them have hands down preferred them over the lift kit... except maybe HARDTRAILZ and even he has commented they're better, he just wasn't sure they were worth the price for the improvement... if I remember correctly.
I've been in multiple vehicles with stock springs lifted, heavier gm springs lifted and with the radflos, and I've been in them back to back. The radflos are significantly more comfortable on and off road. If the group purchase goes through I'm reasonably confident they're going on the envoy for the misses to drive the kid around in.

But don't just take my word for it, a simple search for "Radflo" turned up four pages of results, at least 1/3rd of those results can be disregarded by thread title, the rest are build threads and conversation about the radflos and guys thoughts on em, there's even a short thread on pairing them with rear shocks. I would guess you could narrow it down to a dozen threads or so.

Exactly. Plus, the people who are "selling you on" them are the people who also don't have them, and want a group buy. There are certainly more opinions to be found in other threads, than in a new thread that people who already have them largely won't be reading through.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:49 am

Yup. I still think the same. They are better, but not sure I could justify the cash difference to buy again for the improvement. I was satisfied before them and am satisfied after. If I built another TB/Voy today I really am not sure I would buy them. I do still have my old setup and have not switched back to sell them like I thought I might at first. Kinda...it is what it is. If budget is concern, they do not offer much more function to me. But if you want the best of whats around, go for em.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by Rickalicka18 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:28 pm

If this group buy was before I put all my new suspension in I'd be in, but since I'm dropping over $1,000 on my rims and tires, now isn't going to be a good time. However, I would be able to buy these maybe towards the end of this year, like fall. Thats if the group buy is still around by then though.
Rickalicka18
Addict

Name: Ricky lacombe

by Trail X » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:14 pm

About the only proof I can put up is that trails where I used to maybe go 10-15 mph, I can easily hit at 20-30 mph now.

Shock valving makes a huge difference, and the high spring rates in the front are perfect for this vehicle. The only place those high spring rates may hurt you is if you're only doing real slow rock climbing, but that's not what this truck is made for anyways.

The worth is in the value you put on that. Everyone's budgets are different. These shocks won't really help you make it through tougher trails, but it will make it more comfortable and faster. As they say: YMMV.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:20 pm

You do drive far far FAR faster than I do on trails... i can definitely see the benefit when road rallying the fire roads.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by HawkeyeC25 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:12 pm

Thanks all for the helpful feedback (didn't mean to ruffle any feathers up there... I hold all of your veterans' opinions in high regard and it's the reason I am where I am with my truck today... MANY THANKS!)

I'm also trying to fund a 2 post lift for my barn so I think I might put this on hold for now. If you guys get close to having 10 by March and need another, I may jump in on it, but I hope I have some miles on my current setup first before I decide.
Build Thread
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

by TBYODA » Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:33 pm

Just think if you get the radflo's you can do this and be fine. :lol: Really dumb luck Lmao

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454358746.019688.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454358732.018978.jpg
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo

by HawkeyeC25 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:49 am

Ok - I'm in now. After getting the bumper/skids/winch on the front, I definitely need heavier springs. Also, it seems harder and harder to find 87's actually available.

Did we start an official list?
Build Thread
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

by dvanbramer88 » Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:02 pm

interested in a new group buy.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by navigator » Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:15 pm

really, Dave, you finally get a TB?
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris

by Moots1288 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:58 am

Almost...
Moots1288
Veteran