Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Build advise for my new trailblazer

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by navigator » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:34 am

Something else to think about, if parts are hard to come by and expensive to ship, you might load up on some spares before shipping your tb. Think about items that may be hard to get and throw some spares in the truck.
I'm thinking axles, front hubs, belts, hoses, brakes.... all the things that you will have to replace or need a spare for anyway. If it will take 2 weeks to get a tie rod end shipped, you want to have that on hand so you aren't stuck waiting for one in the mail.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Brendon » Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:25 am

navigator wrote:Something else to think about, if parts are hard to come by and expensive to ship, you might load up on some spares before shipping your tb. Think about items that may be hard to get and throw some spares in the truck.
I'm thinking axles, front hubs, belts, hoses, brakes.... all the things that you will have to replace or need a spare for anyway. If it will take 2 weeks to get a tie rod end shipped, you want to have that on hand so you aren't stuck waiting for one in the mail.

Thanks for the tip, I think that is a real good idea. I think I will take spares and not change anything right now. My father in law, who I am getting the TB from, just told me it only has 45k miles on it and it has never been off road. I'm assuming tie rods, end links, bearings and hubs, etc should be good for a while. Am I correct in my thinking? Appreciate the advise!!
Brendon
Cruiser

Name: Brendon

by bartonmd » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:05 am

Yeah, with 45k on it, it should be fine.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Brendon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:52 am

bartonmd wrote:Yeah, with 45k on it, it should be fine.

Mike

Thanks Mike
Brendon
Cruiser

by Brendon » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:54 am

Ordered all my parts today and wanted to thank everyone for all the good advise. I would have been lost without this forum...happy to be part of this community. I'll start a build thread next month when the install happens.
Brendon
Cruiser

Previous

Return to Lifts / Suspension