Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Lift height clarification please

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Brunton912 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:49 pm

OK so I've been searching and searching and read many various issues about ride height and the various lifts and what I'm trying to figure out is that i started installing Marks 3" lift spacers on my front struts and I'm using the Rancho ones, i have one side completed and the ride height doesn't look any different at all from the ready lift height :wallbash:

the springs are stock springs for now, im not sure if im just being impatient and they need to settle etc or its the way my truck is sitting. :scratch:

thanks for any info or advice.
Brunton912

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by v7guy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:24 am

What does "the ride height doesn't look any different at all from the ready lift height" mean?

You're using Rancho shocks up front?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Brunton912 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:10 am

Yeah I have rancho struts up front and when I measured ground to edge of fender from the 3" lift and compaired it to the 2" my truck was sitting close to the same height each side the only thing I can think of is the new springs I got which were supposed to be the stock springs might be softer than the old ones
Brunton912

by v7guy » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:13 am

It's really hard to say at this point, we have a relatively small amount of info on the various replacement springs available.
Given that you also swapped springs at the same time makes it fairly difficult to guess what is causing what. I would wager it's probably the springs, there were a decent range of springs put on these things stock. For instance you may have had "85" springs and the new stock replacements you got are "82" springs.

The most important part is that you got rid of the readylift so you don't break the balljoint or bind up the CV.

Do you have any way to identify the old springs or the new ones?

Of note, the bilstein HD is usually chosen cause they had the longest length available last I knew, this may have changed though. If you haven't installed both Rancho shocks up front and can measure one fully extended I'll add the length to the suspension sticky later
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Brunton912 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 1:14 pm

Sure I can measure out the rancho shocks after work I didn't get finished so I can take a few measurments. And I'll look to see the I'd marks on the springs the old ones were pretty shot so it may be hard and the new ones didn't really have anything on them but I'll look again
Brunton912

by KingBird » Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:41 pm

If it helps, I have the purple marks on my springs and I didn't get a full 3" but it was over 2 1/2".
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370

by Brunton912 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:12 am

The rancho shocks measured out of the box 19 3/4" that was very tip of the rod to the bottom of the strut cylinderstanding beside the original strut it seemed to be the same length
Brunton912

Return to Lifts / Suspension