Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Confused.. which lift?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by mason10198 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:54 pm

This may be a really stupid inquiry, but I need help. Suspension/wheels/tires are currently stock on my TB. All I want is a leveling kit to get my oil pan, gas tank, etc. farther away from the ground. If I understand correctly, the most I can get is 3in front and 2in rear. I've been planning on buying this one http://www.goo.gl/zJYD9a, but then I did some more reading and looked at Theliftmeisters website and saw 2 or 3 kits that seem exactly the same to me... now I don't have any idea I what I need to buy. :facepalm: :wallbash:
mason10198

Name: Mason
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Jrgunn5150 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:57 pm

Avoid the Amazon crap.

The third one from the bottom, for 195 is what I have, an am very happy with. I also have his wheel spacers on the front.

I don't believe the other 3" kit is available any longer. His website kind of sucks, but he's a very nice guy and easy to work with, quick to respond to questions
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by mason10198 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:06 pm

Jrgunn5150 wrote:Avoid the Amazon crap.

The third one from the bottom, for 195 is what I have, an am very happy with. I also have his wheel spacers on the front.

I don't believe the other 3" kit is available any longer. His website kind of sucks, but he's a very nice guy and easy to work with, quick to respond to questions

do I have to get anything else like shocks or does it install on pure stock? {noob}

~Sent from Tapatalk for Android~
mason10198

by Jrgunn5150 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:42 pm

It can install on your stock stuff, its just a spacer.

In the front, it replaces the strut top plate, so most of us replace our struts at that time to avoid labor twice. Bilstein HD is the way to go here.

In the rear, the spacer goes underneath the rear spring, the shocks are separate so no additional labor to come back later and change them. Since you are stretching everything out with the spacer, longer shocks are recommended, but not necessary. I've had my stock shocks on in the rear all summer, I only notice them off road
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

by mason10198 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:09 pm

Jrgunn5150 wrote:It can install on your stock stuff, its just a spacer.

In the front, it replaces the strut top plate, so most of us replace our struts at that time to avoid labor twice. Bilstein HD is the way to go here.

In the rear, the spacer goes underneath the rear spring, the shocks are separate so no additional labor to come back later and change them. Since you are stretching everything out with the spacer, longer shocks are recommended, but not necessary. I've had my stock shocks on in the rear all summer, I only notice them off road

Okay. Shocks are sounding like a good idea. So bilstein hd's for the front. Can I get a specific part no. or link for that? and what about the rear shocks? I'm not a complete moron but I'd hate to get the wrong size or something. aaaaaand do I need new coils or anything else..? lol :mechanic:
mason10198

by Jrgunn5150 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:15 pm

This is the sticky at the top of this page, all your questions are answered in there :cheers:
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=20
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Return to Lifts / Suspension