Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Rancho RS5000

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by SurfBum » Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:57 am

So after waiting to put on Mark's lift, as well as prolonging the life of my dead sturts, until the Bilstein's came off back order I have ordered from Shockwarehouse, CaRiD and 4wheelparts Autoimplicity (when I called Summit they cant get them to me before I need them wihtout paying as ass ton of money) and every last one of them has refunded my money due to them being unavailable.

I searched a bit for anybody that has run the Rancho RS5000 and have seen mention of them but no reports. So the question will be....does anybody have first or secondhand knowledge of anybody running these lifted? My Envoy is a daily driver but also my hunting rig. Can't wait too much longer as I have a couple trips into the backwoods planned out in the next few weeks and do not want to be running my old beat to sh*t struts. The almighty knowledge of the members on this forum are greatly appreciated in advance. :flex dirty:
SurfBum
Cruiser

Name: Matt
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Anthony Hernandez » Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:04 am

Man I got a set on marks 3" lift, have yet to install it. Still running with bds and bilsteins. I got them from Ed Barr, he's a mechanic guy from the site. Ed ran them and said the ride was good, the reviews (I've read a lot of them) are pretty high up there too. It's actually got an 89 spring on them, he liked them a lot, even with that heavy spring. Other than that, I haven't tried them so I cannot comment further.
Marks3"-moog 14's-fox shocks-z71's-4.56 gears-rear locker-
My build - viewtopic.php?f=74&t=6225
Anthony Hernandez
Trail-Blazer

Name: Anthony
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Eredin » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Interesting to know that the Bilstein are already backordered again, suppose I got lucky when I snatched mine from Shockwarehouse a few months ago.
1988 Pontiac GTA WS6 - LSX Swap

2005 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT
2012 Chevrolet Cruze LT

Build Thread
Eredin
Trail-Blazer

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by SurfBum » Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:57 am

I was definitely a bit disappointed when I ordered them so many times only to find out that they were not available. Everybody seems to be running those on their rides. I ended up ordering the Rancho so I guess we will see shortly how they ride.
SurfBum
Cruiser

Name: Matt
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by navigator » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:09 am

I just got a set of Bilsteins off of Amazon (prime) for the front last week. I'm going to install them on a set of Moog 8114s I have.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

Return to Lifts / Suspension