Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Front sway bar end links

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Silvermac25 » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:04 pm

I've searched on here for a little while now and to my surprise I haven't found my answer yet. I installed Mark's 3" suspensions lift on my 2004 Trailblazer. The sway bar end links are clunking as many have experienced. I'd like to upgrade them for durability but the best I've found off the shelf parts is the suspensionMAXX ones. My question is are these acceptable even though they are for 2" of lift? If not, what is my best option for the 3" of lift I have?
Silvermac25

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:32 am

They will work, but Barton has a nice write-up on building your own and they work really well.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1695&start=100

I built mine awhile back without quick disco, just solid bolt on n off.

I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by WagDatto » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:14 am

My rears are starting to make some noise and I had actually thought about making a heimed end link like that, so that link is super helpful! Question, though... In the thread you linked, they go for a quick disconnect route which might have contributed to extra noise. The way you bolted it in place, how's the noise? And how do the heims hold up with the abuse that you put them through? Any signs that the heims need replacing and if so - how long do they tend to last you?
WagDatto
Cruiser

Name: Sean
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:39 pm

I typically do not hear them at all. I hear them about every two months and give them a quick tighten and they are good as new. Could loctite, but I do remove them occasionally. I think its been a bout a year and the heims seem just fine. I did play at haspin with them hooked up so I will check em over when i look at everything else on the truck in the post-inspection.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Docsmudpig » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:32 pm

Massive speed a few months back was looking to make up a set of disconnects for our linkages on 3inch lift

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Docsmudpig
Cruiser

Name: nate
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Lifts / Suspension