Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Where can I buy a 3in body lift?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Mechx269 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:49 pm

Hey, I know I'm new to the form, but I finally got the money to purchase my lift and tires. The issue I'm running into is not being able to locate a 3in body lift. I'm trying to fit 315/70R17 on my 04' TB. I about to order the 3in suspension lift, spacers, wheels and tires but I cannot find a 3in body lift anywhere. I contacted "The Lift Meister" but his 3in body lift is discontinued. Thats actually where I plan on purchasing the suspension lift and spacers. If none are avaliable, do you guys know if the combination would work with a 2in body lift? Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.
Mechx269

Name: Ricardo
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartonmd » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:53 pm

There are multiple people on ebay who have copied his design and sell the 3" body lifts. Some of them are sold as "6-inch lifts" but are really 3" suspension lifts and 3" body lifts.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Mechx269 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:05 pm

The only one I seem to find is the zone 2" body lift. I've checked both amazon and ebay with no luck on the 3in body or 6in combination kit :/
Mechx269

by bartonmd » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:41 am

Hmmm, you're right. A few months ago, they were all over ebay. I wonder if Mark was the one selling them, there?

Having said that, I need to get with both of these guys. Mark quit making them several years ago, and sold the design to High Voltage (Jeff). Jeff paid off all of Mark's debts to the machine shops and stuff and sent me the original bumper brackets and stuff. I put them into CAD and had a local sheetmetal shop make them and a local powdercoater coat them, then shipped them to Jeff. Jeff is always hard to get a hold of and never really ran with it once he got all the parts together. Mark sends me a message and says he's taking it back over and to send him the drawings. Jeff says he never gave him that permission, so I never sent him the drawings. He was apparently getting them made somewhere else, for some time. I was really glad when I saw them on ebay (they were a STRIGHT UP COPY of the MarkMC/High Voltage 3" body lift, if they weren't sold by either of them), because I figured we'd have a reliable source for them. Maybe not?

Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:29 am

I don't even know at this point. But you can spend some money and take the 2 inch zone and make it a 3 inch. Swap 2 for 3 inch blacks. The steering extension works with either 2 or 3 inch blocks. Would have to rework bumper brackets or go custom bumpers as well.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Mechx269 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:23 am

Thank you guys for the quick responses! Luckily Mark was able to piece one last kit for me (Great guy, easy to work with, and has tons of information). I'm really excited about getting both lifts installed. I'll be able to post pics of my build after I get back from South Korea (Sep 3rd cant come soon enough! lol). The wife finally gave the thumbs up to start buying things, so I have been slowly buying parts to be installed :excited:
Mechx269

by bartonmd » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Cool!
bartonmd

by Docsmudpig » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Damn I just got the money together and set up to order the mc body lift :cry:
Docsmudpig
Cruiser

Name: nate
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by Docsmudpig » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:23 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:I don't even know at this point. But you can spend some money and take the 2 inch zone and make it a 3 inch. Swap 2 for 3 inch blacks. The steering extension works with either 2 or 3 inch blocks. Would have to rework bumper brackets or go custom bumpers as well.

Would just putting the 2inch body lift on original body blocks work?
Docsmudpig
Cruiser

Name: nate
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Return to Lifts / Suspension