Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

More front end lift

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by Moots1288 » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:41 pm

.... Ek not the right thing to say.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:53 pm

Hahahaha. I'm done.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by TBYODA » Sat Dec 06, 2014 11:32 pm

captnewt wrote:Oh shit no I don't look at the forums really

Anthony your not going to go far on ORTB if you not going to take the time to do some of your own research. A big majority of the group doesn't take to spoon feeding new members. There is ton of information here at your finger tips. Just go thought the email your got The OFFICIAL "Welcome to offroadtb.com" thread! and read ALL stickley's. Check out the tech doc's over on http://www.offroadtb.com once your do this then start asking question because it can be a lot to take in. If you choice not to heed my advice we'll don't be surprised if you get heckled or ignored.

Edited to convey correct information for future searches.
Last edited by TBYODA on Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by djthumper » Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:38 am

captnewt wrote:Oh shit no I don't look at the forums really

Since you are into reading the forums I could send you to a forum that isn't much into answering questions anymore.
djthumper

Name: Larry

by DirtyBacon04 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:36 am

captnewt wrote:Alright thanks for the info. I'll be sure to take a look. Once I figure out how to upload a picture I'll upload a pic of a guys TB inside a 4WD magazine. I don't know if you've seen it but he's got 3 body 3 suspension and the rest of his suspension (coils, control arms, and cv joints) are all Moog's. Not sure if you guys are familiar them but they offer a spring that gives 1.25 more lift for the front for only $50 a pair so I may get those instead of a 88 or 89.

you realize the amount of lift you get from a spring all depends on what springs you currently have. that is what that chart was for. For example, if you currently have 83's and you go to 89s, you'll gain appx 26.8mm (1.05") in spring lift. then 1.05 x 1.47 = 1.54" in useable wheel lift. (please correct me JD if I did that wrong)

And to answer your next question, the ways you find your current springs are A)read the tag on the spring B)Check RPO codes (sticker in glove box)

I'll quote JD from your other thread. good information.
However 89s shouldn't affect binding of the CV since the max articulation angle of the suspension is dictated by the lift block alone. Spring rate has no bearing on the unloaded suspension/max droop angle, it only affects the loaded suspension CV angle.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2004

by captnewt » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:10 pm

Alright I appreciate it, still new to this. I'll check out the forums before I post stuff. I just don't know what much of the technical stuff you guys talk about actually means. (Keep in mind I'm 17, just looking to learn alittle more). I'll be sure to check out the forums though, thanks
captnewt
Cruiser

Name: Anthony Newton
Vehicle Year: 2002

by TBYODA » Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:21 pm

Google is your friend.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

TBYODA

by Trail X » Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:56 pm

If you don't know something, look it up before asking. You need to work on your self sufficiency if you're going to make it anywhere in life. At 17, life's coming at you very soon.

Robert, we gotta stop perpetuating the thought that there is an introduction email sent out... there is no such thing! All we have is that "official welcome to ortb" thread.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005

by TBYODA » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:49 am

Trail X wrote:Robert, we gotta stop perpetuating the thought that there is an introduction email sent out... there is no such thing! All we have is that "official welcome to ortb" thread.

Thanks James for pointing out my error. Edited my post for future searches

TBYODA

by v7guy » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:13 am

You take time to type a readable response and question, which we all appreciate, and it's likely how you've gotten this far without being laughed off this forum. But... you don't read the forums, where many of us have spent hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars trying out various options for these vehicles over years, testing them, breaking them, then refining them, then taking time to post the results and detailed directions. All for free. Just to help each other. That makes perfect sense. :facepalm: If you can't be bothered to search, what is a fairly small message board, don't expect the answers to keep coming. We aren't here to spoon feed anyone.

As for your technical questions, a lot of it is explained here, you'll find it with a search, when when you don't, google can usually help you out. You'll also find that the vast majority of us do our own work, if you don't read about it and work on it, you're going to have some difficulty understanding it. If all else fails, feel free to ask us. Understand that if an easy search comes up with the answer it's not going to turn out to be a good thread.

We've had a few younger men come through. Some have gone from not knowing anything, or even owning a set of tools for themselves, to building up the truck on their own and being a genuine good addition to the community. Others have been chased off the forum. We would like to see you succeed.

I've come to the conclusion that there is nothing more important than knowledge, that's gained by experience and reading. Push yourself to do those things and you'll go far, on this forum and in life.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by DirtyBacon04 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:36 am

nice speech, Jason. Very well said.
should keep that one in my back pocket to quote for our next newbie.
Trans-Continental Trailblazer - 5th Award
Current Count of Transmission Rebuilds: 5.5
***The more you know, the less you need.***
USMC '07-'12
Dirty Bacon's Build
DirtyBacon04

Name: Michael

Previous

Return to Lifts / Suspension