Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Clunk in the front end when going over bumps...

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by SmokeyMcBlazer » Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks a ton James. I'd be playing around with that stuff back at my buddies shop, who's been a mechanic for at least 20yrs and has lots of experience lifting rigs. So even though I think I understand what youre talking about, I'm sure he will.
SmokeyMcBlazer
Off-Roader

Name: Rob
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Trail X » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:50 am

Trail X wrote:You really gotta understand what you're doing, because you can potentially ruin your CV shaft or other components. First, you figure out how much room you have before you hit max droop of one of your limiting elements, most likely your tripod joint... you measure this while the lower control arm is on a jack, the top of the lift spacer loosened, drop it down, and make sure no binding... measure the max you can lower it, and still not bind anything up. The amount of gap at the top of your lift spacer is the maximum thickness of washers you can add. The washers go between the shoulder of your shock rod and the bottom washer of the bushing. You just gotta play with it a bit to see how many washers CAN fit and still get the nut on the top. Takes some playing with, and some trial and error. Look around and make sure you find some posts here about what others did. I think there are some pics in my build thread about this (and I'm sure there are others).

For future reference:
(Its a lot easier finding a picture and posting a link to it when you're not on your phone)
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by fallen angel » Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:17 pm

Topping out. I noticed it first going over speed bumps as well. You can do the washers, but my suspension was already pretty much at max extension on the drivers side. Passenger could go just a bit lower, but not by too much. I just live with it.
fallen angel
Cruiser

Name: Rick
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Previous

Return to Lifts / Suspension