Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Getting lifted

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by cbbryan » Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:03 pm

So my dad made a deal with me last week: If I get back in shape and get to IBOLC by the end of September he'll pay for the TB lift and we'll do it ourselves. I'm at 203lbs and my max allowable weight is 185lbs so 18lbs total to go. I've already dropped 12lbs in the last month. My goal is to be under 200lbs by August 1, under 190lbs by September 1, and then under 180lbs by the end of September. I don't think this is too unreasonable.

Now I have more incentive to work harder and one less thing to buy when I start making that good money.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:07 pm

Sounds like a good deal all the way around. You get healthier at a reasonable pace and then get a lift and assistance installing it.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Regulator1175 » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:11 am

Wow, see if your dad wants to make that deal with me for tires? :mrgreen:

Good luck, a healthier body, and a taller truck. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me!

What is IBOLC?
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by cbbryan » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:29 am

Infantry Officer Basic Course
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

by johnburgelin » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:13 pm

cbbryan wrote:Infantry Officer Basic Course

For IBLOC? Shouldn't it be Infantry Basic L-something Officer Course, or is the acronym just screwy cause Eye-Block sounds way cooler than Eye-Obb-Cah
johnburgelin
Off-Roader

Name: John
Vehicle Year: 2003

by djthumper » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:06 pm

Infantry Basic Officer Leader Course
djthumper

Name: Larry
Vehicle Year: 2006

by cbbryan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:01 am

Well the Army in it's infinite wisdom has changed a few things and they didn't work out for them too well. It used to be IOBC (Infantry- officer basic course), but now it's IBOLC- basic officer leadership course which is retarded. Ther were 3 phases BOLC1, BOLC2, and BOLC3. BOLC1 was the commissioning source ROTC, Academy, or OCS (officer candidate school). The Army decided that the officers weren't getting enough experience in basic soldier skills so they created BOLC2. Everyone used to go from commissioning (BOLC1) to OBC (what is now BOLC3) until they created BOLC2. Everyone had to go to BOLC2 but the only had 2 schools for it which backed up all the new LTs getting to their branch specific training (OBC or now BOLC3). Long story short they I don't know what they'll call it no, but I'm ready to get it over with.
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer

by Regulator1175 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:34 am

cbbryan wrote:Well the Army in it's infinite wisdom has changed a few things and they didn't work out for them too well. It used to be IOBC (Infantry- officer basic course), but now it's IBOLC- basic officer leadership course which is retarded. Ther were 3 phases BOLC1, BOLC2, and BOLC3. BOLC1 was the commissioning source ROTC, Academy, or OCS (officer candidate school). The Army decided that the officers weren't getting enough experience in basic soldier skills so they created BOLC2. Everyone used to go from commissioning (BOLC1) to OBC (what is now BOLC3) until they created BOLC2. Everyone had to go to BOLC2 but the only had 2 schools for it which backed up all the new LTs getting to their branch specific training (OBC or now BOLC3). Long story short they I don't know what they'll call it no, but I'm ready to get it over with.

I have been out for 5 years now, so the new acronyms are a change for me. I always new it as IOBC, or OCS. Thanks for clearing up my confusion.

Good luck in school!
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TB_KSV68 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 3:07 am

Oh yeah,

Acronyms are always changing and confusing..

To gain Max respect, just go : USMC/OCS/TBS.

SF.................. :cheers:
TB_KSV68
Cruiser

by cbbryan » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:27 pm

Thanks guys
cbbryan
Trail-Blazer