Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Truxxx Lift?

BDS, ReadyLift, Smaxx... You name it, we know about it here.

by tiger87 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 am

Anyone heard of this lift? 2.5" of lift up front and 1.25" in the back.
tiger87
Cruiser

Name: Blake
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by MrSmithsTB » Mon May 24, 2010 12:41 am

I've heard of it. Never heard of anyone here or on the OS using it. Little bit of advice....

If you can't find info on it here by searching, you should probably stay away. It concerns me that despite ll of the advice you are given, you still keep on trying different avenues. Why is it that you keep on looking at different brands of the same kind of lift? Are you concerned with quality or price? Are you a get it now kind of guy or a get it in six months kind of guy?

All suspension lifts now manufactured for us are generally at the max height and same style. Just go with either BDS or Marks and be done with it. Bds if you are hardcore into off roading, or Marks if you are going to abuse it enough to necessitate replacing the upper mounts. :angry whip:
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by fishsticks » Mon May 24, 2010 1:23 am

MrSmithsTB wrote:I've heard of it. Never heard of anyone here or on the OS using it. Little bit of advice....

If you can't find info on it here by searching, you should probably stay away. It concerns me that despite ll of the advice you are given, you still keep on trying different avenues. Why is it that you keep on looking at different brands of the same kind of lift? Are you concerned with quality or price? Are you a get it now kind of guy or a get it in six months kind of guy?

All suspension lifts now manufactured for us are generally at the max height and same style. Just go with either BDS or Marks and be done with it. Bds if you are hardcore into off roading, or Marks if you are going to abuse it enough to necessitate replacing the upper mounts. :angry whip:

:Iagree: Listen to this guy. I piecemealed together a lift from various companies. After all was said and done, I spent just about as much as I would have just buying a BDS lift.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Regulator1175 » Mon May 24, 2010 2:13 am

Wow, 3 threads in 36 hours asking the same thing. You really need to learn to listen to the advise already given. Make sure you search first next time! If the answer isn't on this site already, its probably not possible or recommended.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Mark Twain
--Build--
Regulator1175
Veteran

Name: Matthew McClelland
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Zero » Mon May 24, 2010 7:40 am

I know people are newbs. They are still learning and want to know their trucks. But this is kinda over the top.

There doesnt need to be multiple threads asking the same question.

Also you are here because you know that we know these trucks. You came here for answers and info. Yet when it is given to you on a silver plater with advice from those that have done it before....you disregard it.

WHATS THE DEAL? You want our help, but wont take it???
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by tiger87 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:15 am

Whats your deal? Ive already ordered my lift based upon the advice that I've been given. I wasn't trying to imply that I was interested in purchasing this lift I was just wondering if anyone had heard of it. It does offer a 1.25" rear spacer which makes it somewhat unique and worth mentioning.
tiger87
Cruiser

by Trail X » Mon May 24, 2010 10:26 am

I'm not sure if the Truxxx lift even exists... on the Truxxx website it's listed as "coming soon." Where did you find the kit for sale? We don't list it in our sticky because we don't know if it really exists.

http://www.truxxx.com/product/chevrolet_gmc

Don't mind them... they get a little crazy when people ask too many questions. :lol:
If you have a question that you haven't found an answer to in your reading or searching, please ask away. It doesn't hurt anything.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

by tiger87 » Mon May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

http://www.autoanything.com/suspension- ... 8A0A0.aspx

I can understand that but I think I was misunderstood I was just wondering if it was worth maybe posting it on the Complete Suspension and lift sticky to add another possible option to the list.
tiger87
Cruiser

by fishsticks » Mon May 24, 2010 12:47 pm

It appears to be another clone of Mark's lift... and at a higher price to boot.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by Trail X » Mon May 24, 2010 12:54 pm

Hey, as long as companies want to flood the market, I'm cool with it... but my allegiance is to companies that push the envelope and offer something new. BDS and Smaxx will always be the two originals - until someone else goes into production with something better.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing

Return to Lifts / Suspension