Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Centramatic Balancers

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by bgwolfpack » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:26 pm

We've had the discussion on funny little beads in the tires. What do we know about this grand idea?

Manufacturer Statement;

Having tire balancing problems? Then you're in need of a set of Centramatic Balancers. These balancers are unique in the way they operate automatically and adjust instantly. You'll also enjoy a smoother ride and maximize tire life by 25 to 50%. Tire cupping and steering wheel vibration is noticeably reduced with the Centramatic Wheel Balancers.

Centramatic Balancers come in a package of 4 and are available for all Trucks, Jeeps, Hummers, SUV's and Trailers. Centramatic makes balancers for most vehicles.
centra2.jpg
(17.14 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Attachments
centra3.jpg
(38.24 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:52 pm

Definitely a different idea. I am reading their info and seeing that big rigs are about all I see for testiminials/reviews. Cost is not horrible either, since they will balnce all you future tires as well.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Philberto » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:26 pm

The only problem I see with these vs the beads is that they need to be custom-made to fit our bolt pattern and backspacing, which varies for many of us. Sounds like a pretty got idea though... same concept as the beads, just in a separate package.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by HARDTRAILZ » Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:47 pm

Not the same concept. Did you read anything on their website?

They are made to balance any variation in rotation on the the tire, wheel, hub, even if you have mud or ice from offroading they will help keep you balanced for a safer trip home.

They are all drilled to specific bolt patterns and backspacing is not involved. 6x5.5 is available and I read that you can drill them to fit whatever you want.

I have found some good reviews on some dodge diesel forum and a couple others. Even with no tire balancing at all, they seem to work, but no one likes cost. However, 200 for a lifetime of tire/hub everything balanced better, not bad.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:22 pm

I've seen these discussed for a long time in the RV mags. I thought the beads would also re-adjust for mud/snow changes though. Yep - time for some reading. My current BFGs are just crap for balance, but I'm not going to spend a dime on them until they're worse, and I replace my lower control arms. Good find!
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:30 pm

HARDTRAILZ wrote:Not the same concept. Did you read anything on their website?

They are made to balance any variation in rotation on the the tire, wheel, hub, even if you have mud or ice from offroading they will help keep you balanced for a safer trip home.

They are all drilled to specific bolt patterns and backspacing is not involved. 6x5.5 is available and I read that you can drill them to fit whatever you want.

I have found some good reviews on some dodge diesel forum and a couple others. Even with no tire balancing at all, they seem to work, but no one likes cost. However, 200 for a lifetime of tire/hub everything balanced better, not bad.

My apologies, I meant same principle. This one just uses high-density weights in oil as opposed to ceramic beads in the tire, but all differences aside, both products work by shifting weight in response to oscillations in the rotating assembly of the wheel, tire, and hub/rotor. As far as backspacing, I believe you are correct, that wouldn't have an effect on the design, but of course they would have to be drilled for our bolt pattern. I like the idea, but haven't had any problems with my tires or vibrations that a quick jaunt hasn't cleared up (mud or snow-related). I agree, however, that this is a good find and that it does remove some of the complications of using the tire to hold the shifting weights as opposed to a separate ring.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by Zero » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:54 am

I also remember reading about these in the 4x4 mag.
Zero
Veteran

Name: Brendan
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Wheels / Tires