Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Steel Wheels: What Brand Is Best?

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by wet13827 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:16 pm

Hey all, brand new here and I know this forum has been slow for the past 6 years or so it seems, but figured I would post here anyways. If this question has been asked before, please let me know so I can go find the thread.

I really want to find some good steel 16 inch wheels for my TB. I have 1.25inch 6x5 to 6x5.5 adapters, and I really like the Pro Comp powder coated steel wheels, but they dont really have anything in my price range that will fit the TB without sticking way too far out. All their cheap wheels are 15 inches and wrong backspacing, and everything for 16/17 inch wheels is too expensive really.

Now, I dont mind paying 120 dollars a wheel if i have to, but is there a better brand that may make some real basic steel wheels in the size I will need? I believe something like 16x7 with 4.25 inches of backspacing should be ok. Any suggestions for different brands? This truck is gonna be abused and used all over Texas in all seasons and terrain, so I dont really want nice wheels, I just want something that will work with the 6x5.5 lug pattern and look better than stock.
wet13827
Cruiser

Name: William Edward Thornton
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:28 pm

Unique has some.

Cragar Soft 8 are common w jeep guys

There are also 3 or so sets of aluminum wheels for same price at Discount Tire Direct. they ship for free and have rebates about once a month as well. I only got a couple hundred in my 17 alum wheels from them. Watched for the holiday sale and hit up a rebate.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by wet13827 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:35 pm

Thanks HARDTRAILZ for the info. Thank you also for putting so much info on this forum, I learned a ton just from your posts, and your build thread. I know that's what its there for, but you really helped me out. The picture of your TB is what made me start looking at TBs to begin with, and ended up finding mine the next day.
wet13827
Cruiser

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:11 pm

Good Luck with your build.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by wet13827 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:55 am

Thanks! I will post pics and a build thread once I get the lift and wheels installed.
wet13827
Cruiser

Return to Wheels / Tires