Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

275mm Tire Options

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by l008com » Wed Apr 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Hey guys. I've been all over the place with my tire upgrade plan. But as of right now, I'm fairly certain I'm just going to stick with my 17" factory wheels. And as far as tires, I'm going with Yokohama Geolandars again, I really liked those tires on my ZR2 Blazer. I've narrowed it down to two sizes I'm interested in:

275/60R17 (30" x 10.8") - From what I've read, these will fit bone-stock. They're taller than what I have now and much wider. I would likely be interested in getting spacers after the fact, but I'd like to get tires first so I can "find tune" the spacer width I go with, to get them just right.

275/65R17 (31.1" x 10.8") - This tire would only add 0.55" of height to the tire inside the wheel well, but apparently that's all the difference you need to "need" wheel spacers. Can you run these with JUST a set of 1.25" spacers? Or would you need to lift the truck too? I specifically don't want to lift my truck so if a lift was needed, that would eliminate these tires.

It's a shame they don't make a 30.5" x 10.8" tires.

If you run either of these tires, can you let me know how the fitment went. And also post pics!! Particularly on stock wheels!
Build Thread: '08 SWB V8 LT
l008com
Cruiser

Name: JM
Vehicle Year: 2008
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:06 am

I haven't run either of those sizes. The reason most guys go with the 1.5" Spacers is because the wheel studs are too long one one of the axles and you have to cut the end of the wheel studs to fit the 1.25" spacer.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:11 am

You "need" wheels spacers due to ball joint clearance, not fender
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Opeth » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:43 pm

You join an off-road site but don't want to lift? ...... Duh fuk
Opeth
Addict

Name: Cody

by SnowBlazer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:33 am

I remember when I got my Dynapro's last year before I lifted my truck. That messed up my build pretty badly, I must say.

If I had to do it over, I would get Mark's 2.5" kit first, then the spacers, then the tires last. Sure a 30" tire looks big stock, but if you do decide to lift it, you will be kicking yourself for buying little tires. 30" tires don't look good with a lift, you will be looking at 31.6's real quick like I did. Take this as you will, it's your truck and we can't make you do anything; just make sure you really do want to stay stock for a while before buying your tires.
Last edited by SnowBlazer on Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
SnowBlazer
Off-Roader

Name: Ryan
Vehicle Year: 2002

by l008com » Fri Apr 29, 2016 4:13 am

So I went with the 30" by 10.8"s because amazon has them for $85!! ( http://amzn.to/1XXHxQV ) Can't beat that!

Also I can't really wait to buy tires, my old ones are really bad. But I know I won't be lifting it, that won't be an issue. This truck is my daily driver, I don't have the time or money to be messing around with upgrades like suspension lifts. Plus I'm a ZR2 guy, I prefer factory off road packages. I'm hoping this GMC Wrangler-Fighter is real!
Build Thread: '08 SWB V8 LT
l008com
Cruiser

Name: JM
Vehicle Year: 2008

Return to Wheels / Tires