Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

aftermarket rims with stock lug pattern question

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by thatcarguy09 » Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:06 pm

I was curious if anyone has links or pics of aftermarket wheels with the stock 6x5 lug pattern with the CORRECT BACKSPACING to run larger the 30.5 inch tires?
I cant seem to find much on the web. Id like to not wheelspacers.

any input would be great!
thatcarguy09

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by BC backroader » Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:40 pm

See N7RMK's "Checking my math" post in this very forum, and also google "fuel" wheels. These 2 are the only rims I've heard of that fit our trucks.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5844
BC backroader
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by thatcarguy09 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:07 pm

ive seen some fuel and ion wheels that will work
thatcarguy09

by rScherzer » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:59 pm

Iv spent a few days of digging around for this very same thing. I was looking for a beadlock simulated type wheel in a 16" or a 17" AE wheels made a series 101 in our bolt pattern with a perfect offest and back spacing, after a bit of checking around I found that they had dicontinued that wheel. IMO the 6x5 bolt pattern should have never desinged into our patform. Im going with the 6x5.5 adaptors from Markmc. Its a little exta expense but the wheel configuations are endless.
rScherzer
Off-Roader

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2002

by thatcarguy09 » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:11 am

rScherzer wrote:Iv spent a few days of digging around for this very same thing. I was looking for a beadlock simulated type wheel in a 16" or a 17" AE wheels made a series 101 in our bolt pattern with a perfect offest and back spacing, after a bit of checking around I found that they had dicontinued that wheel. IMO the 6x5 bolt pattern should have never desinged into our patform. Im going with the 6x5.5 adaptors from Markmc. Its a little exta expense but the wheel configuations are endless.

It does seem wheel adapters are gonna be the only option at this point.
thatcarguy09

by navigator » Wed Dec 24, 2014 11:38 am

rScherzer wrote:...IMO the 6x5 bolt pattern should have never desinged into our platform. .....

I think we all agree.
I would also venture to say that I don't see how GM saved any money by developing the 8.0 rear for our platform instead of just putting the 8.6 under it.
Take the silverado, suburban, tahoe 8.6 rear and chop a few inches off of each side. Makes too much sense to me.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
DriveTrain: 4WD

by TBYODA » Wed Dec 24, 2014 9:19 pm

navigator wrote:
rScherzer wrote:...IMO the 6x5 bolt pattern should have never desinged into our platform. .....

I think we all agree.
I would also venture to say that I don't see how GM saved any money by developing the 8.0 rear for our platform instead of just putting the 8.6 under it.
Take the silverado, suburban, tahoe 8.6 rear and chop a few inches off of each side. Makes too much sense to me.

That is the problem it makes to much sense. A quote that I always seem to have to remember in situations like this. "It does have to make sense it's just how we do it."
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by rScherzer » Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 pm

I like to joke about the engineering process, when it comes to designing a system or part for a vehicle. It seems to me that there are a few type of "engineers" out in the world today. Type A make a product that is cheap reliable and can be fixed by everyone in the world. Type B looks back at all the failures of a particular product and then reinvents it by changing one thing on it. Type C starts from scratch brings a whole new product to the market that will require millions of $$$ in R&D, tooling and warranty cost. Type C also baffles the lead designer in to using their product. That's where all the odd ball stuff comes from. I like to look back at the old stuff and think about how simple things were. Stuff just worked.
rScherzer
Off-Roader

Name: Robert
Vehicle Year: 2002

by Trailblazin Ahead » Sun Dec 28, 2014 11:24 pm

TBYODA wrote:
navigator wrote:

I think we all agree.

That is the problem it makes to much sense. A quote that I always seem to have to remember in situations like this. "It does have to make sense it's just how we do it."

Does trailblazers have a 8.5" rear end. Its a 10 bolt right so a 8.5" rear end with 30 splines
SMELLS LIKE HARD WORK AND DEDICATION
Trailblazin Ahead

Name: Tyler

by TBYODA » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:19 am

Trailblazin Ahead wrote:Does trailblazers have a 8.5" rear end. Its a 10 bolt right so a 8.5" rear end with 30 splines

Yes they both are a 10 bolt but only the Envoy XL 4.2l or Trailblazer 4.2l EXT & the SWB versions of any model (example Saab) with a 5.3L has the 8.5 8.6" everything else has the 8.0". Not sure if any model other than Envoy or TB had a extended version. The SS has a 9.5". IIRC there has been two confirmed stock SWB with 18" rims from factory that have a 8.5 8.6" so you could get lucky.

EDITED: My bad on 8.5" vs 8.6" Thanks Kyle for point that out and.
Last edited by TBYODA on Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

TBYODA

by Trailblazin Ahead » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:14 am

Hmmmm. I want to my local off road shop and they looked it up and said it was an 8.5 every single part they looked up for my tb rear end came up as an 8.5 but I'll have to double check again
Trailblazin Ahead

by HARDTRAILZ » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:47 am

Yoda...none have an 8.5...

Those are the platforms options stock.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Trailblazin Ahead » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:01 pm

Cragar makes some, so does procomp but kind of expensive
Trailblazin Ahead

by The Roadie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:02 pm

Randy's Ring and Pinion combines the GM 10-bolt 8.5" parts with the 8.6" for many things other than the gears themselves, IIRC.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Trail X » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:20 pm

rScherzer wrote:I like to joke about the engineering process, when it comes to designing a system or part for a vehicle. It seems to me that there are a few type of "engineers" out in the world today. Type A make a product that is cheap reliable and can be fixed by everyone in the world. Type B looks back at all the failures of a particular product and then reinvents it by changing one thing on it. Type C starts from scratch brings a whole new product to the market that will require millions of $$$ in R&D, tooling and warranty cost. Type C also baffles the lead designer in to using their product. That's where all the odd ball stuff comes from. I like to look back at the old stuff and think about how simple things were. Stuff just worked.

That's quite an interesting generalization.

Are you one of those guys that still prefers a flip phone and a carbureted engine?
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by The Roadie » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:59 am

Engineers (I can generalize after 42 years as one) don't usually get out of bed intending to screw up or make bad tradeoffs. Pointy haired management motivated by $$ instead of elegance are the root of all evil.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy

by Jrgunn5150 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 am

The Roadie wrote:Engineers (I can generalize after 42 years as one) don't usually get out of bed intending to screw up or make bad tradeoffs. Pointy haired management motivated by $$ instead of elegance are the root of all evil.

They never care do they? I just left a meeting where we have decided to do something completely moronic to save... Wait for it.... .07 cents a part. And we make less than 50,000 of these a year. 3500 Bucks saved, to be eaten up in RMA costs and labor, not to mention goodwill lost to our customer, hooray, the company is saved!
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.

by TBYODA » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:46 pm

Jrgunn5150 wrote:
The Roadie wrote:Engineers (I can generalize after 42 years as one) don't usually get out of bed intending to screw up or make bad tradeoffs. Pointy haired management motivated by $$ instead of elegance are the root of all evil.

They never care do they? I just left a meeting where we have decided to do something completely moronic to save... Wait for it.... .07 cents a part. And we make less than 50,000 of these a year. 3500 Bucks saved, to be eaten up in RMA costs and labor, not to mention goodwill lost to our customer, hooray, the company is saved!

But that's different bucket of money right? Said with sarcasm.

TBYODA

by TBYODA » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Well said Sr.! Or unrealistic ship date on a new product line.

TBYODA

by Trailblazin Ahead » Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:51 pm

Found these pro comps. In the bolt pattern of 6x5 on the site it said wheel figment application trailblazer etc.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (17.18 KiB) Viewed 15748 times
Trailblazin Ahead

Next

Return to Wheels / Tires