Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

I am NEVER spending another DIME at onlinetires.com again!

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by bartonmd » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:55 pm

I’m so pissed off right now!

So, I ordered the Destination AT tires for the wife’s TB from these guys… They processed the order, charged my card, and sent tracking information the day that I put the order in… It took the full 10 days for my order to actually ship, though… Getting an answer about it out of anybody took 2 days and 6 phone calls…

Then, today, I get the tires, and 2 are from 2008 (eh, OK), 1 is from 2007, and 1 is from 2006!! Not only are they different ages, and presumably different hardness and traction from the different ages, but my brand spanking new tires (which generally have about a 5 year life, until the rubber starts to get hard) area already 3 years old!

I had heard the wives tails about this stuff happening with online tire places, but had only dealt with Tire Rack (a BUNCH), and had never gotten a tire older than about 6 months old (in probably 8 sets of tires from them, between me and the family), so I took for granted that the wives tails came from somewhere…

I normally don’t get “mad”, but I am M-Fing HOT right now!

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Philberto » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 pm

That's certainly odd... all 4 of my tires are 2009 stock, but then again, I got to go to the warehouse and talk to them directly. From what I've read, they are good about solving problems, but hard to get a hold of. Like I've said, that's probably because they only employ 4 people to answer their calls and stuff. Anyways, I'm sorry to hear about your problems with them...
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartonmd » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:15 pm

I'm going to give them a chance to make it right, but it's REALLY hard to not start throwing stuff when you've spent money you didn't have on a safety critical big ticket item that ends up being older than the tires that came from the factory on the vehicle... The rubbber on the 2006 tire is actually tactiley harder than the 2008 tires...

Mike
bartonmd

by Philberto » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:16 pm

I completely agree... sounds like you got some tires from the back of the warehouse, and some tires that just got in... keep us posted on what happens.
Philberto
Lifer

by teebes » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:22 pm

Damn.. That sucks.. Guess it took them a week to dig them out from the bottom of the pile, asshats.

I'm glad others look at the 'born on date' of their tires, too. It IS important!
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by MrSmithsTB » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 am

Just remember, EVERYONE makes mistakes. As long as they are willing to do right by you, then they are worth the hassle. Otherwise, there is no need to stand by them.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by foosh » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:05 am

Glad to hear about them I was planning on buying my next set from them in a year or so when my cureent tires wear out.
Only White Lifted TB in Jerzey on 33's :safari:

:flex dirty: Pine Barrens Wheelin!
Build Thread http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113
foosh
Addict

Vehicle Year: 2004

by That1Guy » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:06 am

hmmm Good to know. I plan on driving up there with cash in hand next week and getting 5 tires. I guess we will see how they treat me
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:48 am

That really sucks Mike. I would be pissed too. Seems that they need to make good on this or maybe some of us should contact them and inform them that they are losing business by their actions.

Have you got any response from them since you recieved the tires?
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:14 am

HARDTRAILZ wrote:That really sucks Mike. I would be pissed too. Seems that they need to make good on this or maybe some of us should contact them and inform them that they are losing business by their actions.

Have you got any response from them since you recieved the tires?

I decided not to call them last night when I saw the dates... They were just about to close, and I figured it would be better to wait until they opened this morning... I will post updates as to what their response is...

I'm going to call Firestone first, though, and see what they say about it, to use as a "Firestone said they wouldn't run tires of different ages", or try to gleen some other information out of them...

I will update as there are updates...

Thanks,
Mike
bartonmd

by HARDTRAILZ » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:00 am

Good idea on geting some info from Firestone. Hope it helps you get a new set like you thought you ordered in the beginning.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:42 pm

As expected, he asked if I got the make, model, and size of tires that I ordered, and if I did, they've done their job...

He said they "can sell any tire that's under 3 years old", and when I said they're 3.5 years old, he switched it to "we can sell any tire as long as it's under 4 years old." He said "you're obviously concerned about the DOT dates, but those don't mean anything".

He then said "Listen, what are these going on? A Ferrari? A Lamborghini?" I responded that they were "going on the Trailblazer that my wife drives my kids around in, and does not driving a $200k car make my family any less deserving of the tires they paid for, to be able to avoid an accident?" He was obviously going for the "if these aren't going on a sports car, traction doesn't matter" angle...

That stettles it... Cheaper or not, I'm not spending another dime with these cock suckers.

Of course, NOW I look, and their BBB grade is already an "F"...

Is anybody here on 4CHAN?? :viking:

Mike
bartonmd

by Philberto » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:03 pm

Hmm... well, I'll only be using them if they have the same price next time I need tires, since I can deal with them locally...
Philberto
Lifer

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:05 pm

Philberto wrote:Hmm... well, I'll only be using them if they have the same price next time I need tires, since I can deal with them locally...

Check the tires over -IN PERSON- before you hand them any kind of payment!

Mike
bartonmd

by Philberto » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:07 pm

That's what I did when I got mine... drove down, looked at the tires in the warehouse, and then paid.
Philberto
Lifer

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Mike, keep copies of everything, pics and write down your conversation with the Rep.
Document ODO, time and date of installation mount and balance recorders and payments.
Keep one set in your possession and submit another copy to your insurance carrier Agent.

Hopefully never needed but if a Law suit happens you need these things now. It IS important!
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

by MrSmithsTB » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Ouch. Sounds very douchy to me. If that is the kind of customer service I can expect from 2000 miles away, I'll pay a little more to deal with a more accommodating company.
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:29 pm

MrSmithsTB wrote:Ouch. Sounds very douchy to me. If that is the kind of customer service I can expect from 2000 miles away, I'll pay a little more to deal with a more accommodating company.

I agree... The measure of a company isn't if the mess up or not, but it's how they take care of you when they do mess up... These guys get an F-

Mike
bartonmd

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:30 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:Mike, keep copies of everything, pics and write down your conversation with the Rep.
Document ODO, time and date of installation mount and balance recorders and payments.
Keep one set in your possession and submit another copy to your insurance carrier Agent.

Hopefully never needed but if a Law suit happens you need these things now. It IS important!

Randy,

Thanks! I keep all that stuff anyway!

Mike
bartonmd

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Hey Mike what was the name of the Rep you talked to onlinetires.com? You called both last night and this morning correct?
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy

Next

Return to Wheels / Tires