Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

I am NEVER spending another DIME at onlinetires.com again!

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:13 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:Hey Mike what was the name of the Rep you talked to onlinetires.com? You called both last night and this morning correct?

I spoke with "AJ"

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:03 pm

Been trying to get through to onlinetires.com to answer some questions. All I've got to talk to is the answering machine.

I planned on ordering these from them- http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/kumho/265%252F75-16+kumho+road+venture+mt+n%252Fa%2A.html

Now I can't even get to talk to them.

Anyone else want to ask any questions of them (or just leave a message) 1-877-465-8473.
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:22 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:Been trying to get through to onlinetires.com to answer some questions. All I've got to talk to is the answering machine.

I planned on ordering these from them- http://www.onlinetires.com/products/vehicle/tires/kumho/265%252F75-16+kumho+road+venture+mt+n%252Fa%2A.html

Now I can't even get to talk to them.

Anyone else want to ask any questions of them (or just leave a message) 1-877-465-8473.

Yeah, 15-30 minute wait to talk to a person, every time I"ve called... that's IF you can get through and not get a busy signal...

Mike
bartonmd

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 4:43 pm

I sent an e-mail, we'll see how they respond.
bgwolfpack
Veteran

by bartonmd » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:06 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:I sent an e-mail, we'll see how they respond.

A lot of the compaints that I've read say "I sent an email and they never responded" or "it bounced back"

Mike
bartonmd

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:26 pm

Did this happen with this company?

They have a voice mail from me as well as the e-mail. I just have not spoken with a live body.

I'll wait and see what they do, if they call or e-mail me, for a while...

In the meantime I wouldn't be surprised if you get some attention from them also.

Philberto bought directly from them and IIRC he said he knows some of them. HMMM Phil?
bgwolfpack
Veteran

by Philberto » Wed Dec 02, 2009 5:30 pm

I don't personally know anybody there... I just met them in person, and they seemed nice. It is possible, though, that I spoke to people who specifically deal with local invoicing and all that. Just checked the DOT on all the tires I bought, and they date back to the 49th week of 2008... not bad considering I bought the tires in may or june I think. I also had a difficult time reaching anybody via phone, something I attribute to them being severely understaffed. That said, I think there is no justification for how you were treated by this "AJ" guy, and I would definitely try and escalate the issue if possible.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by bgwolfpack » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:33 pm

Never able to get through to a live person and never received an e-mail reply...
bgwolfpack
Veteran

by bartonmd » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:Never able to get through to a live person and never received an e-mail reply...

Not surprising... I put in a BBB dispute, but with them already having an "F", I am quite certain it won't go anywhere...

I went ahead and mounted them today... I did have a shop do the M&B, though, so if there's a separeted ply or anything on any of them, they can't say "you did this yourself, no warranty applies"... Firestone tech rep said if it was stored in a factory not filled with water out in the sun, and the mold-release compound was still on it, he wouldn't worry about it...

Guy at the tire shop asked me where I got them, and if I knew the dates were so different... I told him the story... He said he'd never gotten a set of tires more than a year old, other than an odd size a couple times, he's gotten a set or 2 that were 2 years old... Never 3 years old, and never the huge range in dates...

These will likely be worn out in 2.5 years, anyway, when it'll be mine anyway, and get M/Ts and a lift...

I am still, however, telling everybody on all of the forums that I'm on, what happened, and not to spend a dime at Onlinetires.com...

Mike
bartonmd

by That1Guy » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:17 pm

well heres my experience. I didnt place my order, called them, they answered within a minute. Told them I forgot to place the order, asked if I could pick up next day, they said yes. So I call back, ansewr again within a minute but didnt have the tires in stock :hissyfit:
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

Previously known as NickNorie
That1Guy
Addict

Name: Nick
DriveTrain: 2WD w/ G80

by bgwolfpack » Wed Dec 09, 2009 3:58 pm

NickNorie wrote:well heres my experience. I didnt place my order, called them, they answered within a minute. Told them I forgot to place the order, asked if I could pick up next day, they said yes. So I call back, ansewr again within a minute but didnt have the tires in stock :hissyfit:
Lucky you Nick. At least they didn't block your calls.

I'm so sorry Mike that you had to be the one who got screwed.
bgwolfpack
Veteran

by foosh » Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:33 am

Maybe Discount Tires is the only decent cheap tire place... man thats sad becuase even they aren't cheap.
Only White Lifted TB in Jerzey on 33's :safari:

:flex dirty: Pine Barrens Wheelin!
Build Thread http://forums.offroadtb.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=113
foosh
Addict

Vehicle Year: 2004

by That1Guy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:36 am

bgwolfpack wrote:
NickNorie wrote:well heres my experience. I didnt place my order, called them, they answered within a minute. Told them I forgot to place the order, asked if I could pick up next day, they said yes. So I call back, ansewr again within a minute but didnt have the tires in stock :hissyfit:
Lucky you Nick. At least they didn't block your calls.

I'm so sorry Mike that you had to be the one who got screwed.

yeah, Im glad they were willing to work with me, but Im unhappy with my own retardation and thinking giving them less than 24 hours notice was ok. Doesnt matter much as I ended up with some pretty nice tires with a 60k warranty for a little more than what the others would have cost after gas, mounting and balancing. :excited:
04 T.B. with McMeister lift, airraid CAI, flowmaster 40 series, Bridgestone Dueler apt 4's, and a G-80!

That1Guy
Addict

by Philberto » Thu Dec 10, 2009 4:32 am

You get the toyos?
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz

by That1Guy » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:01 am

Philberto wrote:You get the toyos?

No, it was too late for them to put on the truck. Posted a thread on what I got. Agian thanks for all the help Phil

That1Guy
Addict

Previous

Return to Wheels / Tires