Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

rims/tires or spacers. best advice please

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by Cable810 » Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:49 pm

They fit on stock rims.
The FIRST Solid Axle Swapped Trailblazer in Presque Isle County MI
My Build
The Roadie wrote:Research, plan your mods, fund the plan, then GO DO THEM. THEN WHEEL IT.
Cable810
Veteran

Name: Caleb
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by harvyne » Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:14 pm

Great thanks, im going to look into the 255-265 range then.
harvyne

Name: christian
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by harvyne » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:06 pm

Recieved spacers and 2.5 lift kit today. Everything looks good, alls i need now is tires. Cant wait to install everything.( struts, coil springs. Spacers. Lift)
harvyne

by The Roadie » Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 am

You can run around lifted on 29's and look funny.

The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by harvyne » Fri Apr 25, 2014 2:34 pm

LOL. might have to for a week or so, i think i have decided on 265/70/17"s for my size but ill wait till everything is installed first so i can measure my clearances. On a side note its interesting to see your post.
After owning my envoy for 2 years now i always hated the low clearance and dip in the front end , however i love my envoy so i started googling how to make it better and somehow i came across the roadie and all the images of your build from stock to present so i studied and eventually ended up here and glad i did.
So yoirs and many others rides and knowledge are awesome works of imagination and devotion, iwhere me and my voy go, with the support. U folks provide here im sure to be led in the right direction.
tHANKS, Harvyne
harvyne

by TBYODA » Fri Apr 25, 2014 4:00 pm

Now that I am lifted I can't ever image going back to stock. The TB looks so much better this way.

Just to give you a idea those are 265/75R16 tires. I have Z71 springs & 2" spring spacer in back, radflo's up front adjust to 2.5" for about 3.75" of lift I think.

2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by mikekey » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:31 pm

Looking good Robert.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TBYODA » Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:52 pm

mikekey wrote:Looking good Robert.
Thanks I am very happy with it, I really enjoyed getting everything installed.
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by harvyne » Sun May 04, 2014 6:43 pm

So this weekend i installed my struts with 2.5 liftmeister lift, rear coil springs, 1.5in spacers, new sway bar end links and everything went smooth very happy with the results.
ill get my tires this week, 265/70/17's most likely. The one problem i did have was the wheels were very tight going on the spacers and when tightening the wheel lugs( the lugs to hold the wheel to spacer) the studs seemed to turn with the lug nut. im sure the tire shop wont be to pleased when they try to remove the tires.
Anyone have this problem?
harvyne

by v7guy » Sun May 04, 2014 11:35 pm

You apparently haven't done much reading.

There's been a few spacers that made it out to people that were a smidge too tight on the hubcentric piece.
If you twisted studs in the spacers I'd be surprised. Marks spacers are known for being incredibly durable.

Were you hitting them with an impact?
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by harvyne » Mon May 05, 2014 2:58 am

Done alot of reading, however only used impact to free spin the lugs to point of contact with the rim then used typical lug wrench to snug them on slowly till the rim was securely seated onto spacer then torgue to 90lbs each stud with the exception of a couple due to the feel of the stud spinning so i just stopped and will check to see if i can back them off when i get to it again. i have done alot of research on spacers, i came close to buying the ezaccessories crap cause they were cheaper but went with my gut and the great amount of reviews for the markmc spacers. I cant say i have read alot on the rims going on tight so if i missed anything then please advise what to do or where to go for the correct info.
harvyne

by v7guy » Mon May 05, 2014 8:31 am

links...

wheel spacers not fitting

another wheel spacer not fitting

threads are on the bottom half of the page this post is on

Basically there have been a couple cases where the inside diameter of the hub centric part of the spacer is too small. A machining error it would appear. Mine are snug, but with a lil antisieze it's not an issue. The spacers should fit on the hub, flush, without any use of the lugnuts to press it on. Likewise, the wheel should fit on the hub centric ring of the spacer without being pressed onto it by using the lugnuts.

Now the studs spinning could be a problem.

If it's the studs between the hub and the spacer you can take off the hub and cut out the stud from the back, or tack it and spin off the lugnut. After that replace the stud with a new one of same size or you're putting a stud with an oversize knurl in it if it damaged the hub.

If it's the stud that holds wheel to the spacer that's spinning, well, that's a whole special level of hell right there. You can't get to the backside of the stud to keep it from spinning (it's covered by the hub) and the studs on the spacers are threaded in for Marks spacers if I remember correctly, It would be incredibly tough to strip those... if he's moved to the knurled type its easier to strip, but either way, essentially the spacer is destroyed, there's no replacing the stud. Just getting the wheel off the vehicle without damaging it or the hub will be a challenge. For extra excitement you now have a wheel that's not securely fastened to the hub... I don't think anyone here would advocate you driving it despite most of us having seen plenty of cars rolling around missing lugnuts.

Either way, if you truly spun the studs you were likely using a pretty substantial amount of force to try to press the wheel, spacer, hub together.
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason

by harvyne » Mon May 05, 2014 9:24 am

Ok so i got home from work last night and checked all the lugs holding the wheel to the spacers. i backed the lugs off a bit and they all loosened easily without much force so i retorqued them all and am relieved at this point, the studs holding the spacers to the hub were all fine from the begining so those were never an issue. Im not sure why i felt a couple were spining, not sure but nevertheless relieved.
As for the tight fit the spacers fit perfect onto the hubs, the wheels (stock oem) are very tight going onto the hub centric part of the spacers. Ill deal with that later in the week when i get my tires. Till then i will see what i can find as how to relieve the tension for a better fit.
Thanks for the return post and further explanation into the issue, mutch appreciated.
I did find that there were some issues involving marks spacers with a batch of mixed studs that got out to some unfortunate folks, and it was takin care of swiftly. Ill deal with getting pics up later.
Thanks again :)
harvyne

Previous

Return to Wheels / Tires