Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New Tires

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by Hillbillybonez » Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:39 am

Wahugg wrote:
Hillbillybonez wrote:
Actually your right the pictures are from walmart And the "Local Tire Shop" I was referring to was Rainbow Tire In Mastown West Virginia, In which i did Not mention as SOME folks tend to take a fit when you mention NON sponsored vendors ETC. My friend PC Who own Rainbow tire Said that Walmart had them cheaper, So i snapped a pic while I was there.

wahugg, the Duratracs Who makes them? I did a search and couldnt find them? Any help would be greatful....

Thanks

Duratracs have a great reputation through several members here on this board, and many others. To help you out, I've screen shoted what it looks like if you simply google 'duratrac'.

Also, unless something big has changed, Walmart is the exclusive dealer of Wrangler Authority. That's how they are so cheap and why they are the only tire Goodyear doesn't warranty.

-Wahugg

Thanks, Now my wife is going tire crazy lol
Hillbillybonez

Name: Eric Ridenour
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:06 am

Feel the rubber on a duratrac then feel the plastic feel of the authority... pretty self explanatory
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by redleg6 » Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:13 pm

1700 mile roadtrip with my Grabber AT2's and no complaints, even got a compliment on them yesterday.
redleg6
Cruiser

Name: Sean
Vehicle Year: 2004

by HARDTRAILZ » Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:04 pm

Dozens of compliments on the fierce attitude. Very well priced. Pretty solid tire n value.
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle

by bartonmd » Sun Feb 02, 2014 7:51 pm

I've got the Duratracs on my K2500HD. They are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G in the snow! They work very well in the mud and wet grass (where mud terrains suck). I've not "bogged" with them, but I've been off pavement quite a bit with them, with the intention of getting traction and not spinning tires. They've done very well at that. They don't seem to clog up like the BFG AT do, and they don't spin constantly on wet grass like mud terrains do. Oh, and did I mention that they perform like honest-to-God snow tires on the snow?

This summer, I'm selling off the 1/2 used BFG AT on the Trailblazer and putting a set of Duratracs on it.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by boog2006 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:18 am

I'm also a fan of the duratracs... Great tire well worry the money. Worked perfectly tonight on 1/2" of sleet and three inches of snow.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. - Abraham Lincoln
Boog2006 Build Thread
boog2006
Addict

Name: Brent

by ajc-88 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:58 pm

I just had Duratracs mounted yesterday. They ride AMAZING on the road. They do make noise but not obnoxious. I like it.
They look amazing too.

I did get to experience some mud today but I couldn't really try them out because it was barn property and I hate messing up the driveway. lol
So, ill have to find a slick grassy area with some wet muddy dirt to really try them out. And I have to remember to let some air out of the tires. I'm at 35psi.

previous to my Duratracs i had the BFG ATs . loved them. they never failed me. Not once. Only times i would get stuck was due to ground clearance. = Stock TB on tiny 29" bfg all terrains.
I might be selling the bfg's but would rather keep them to put back on the Rover. Those tires have at least 45k on them and they still look good and perform great.
"Truth is, a horse can go more places than any vehicle."
ajc-88

Name: Amanda
Vehicle Year: 2002

by rjwz28 » Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:37 am

Another vote here for the Duratracs... whenever this rig gets brand-new tires, it'll be those. They were flawless in 285/70-17 on my Silverado for 30k miles (and still going strong for the current owner) and I have absolutely no reservations taking them just about anywhere.
2006 Trailblazer LS (stone stock, for now)
2003 Z06, H/C/I, Halltech, Kooks: 424rwhp at 97°F
2011 6.2 Silverado CCSB 4x4, 33s, MIT, tune SOLD
rjwz28
Cruiser

Name: Ryan

by Off-R » Thu May 11, 2017 12:00 am

I have Toyo Open Country AT on my ride too. No problems with it so far. I switched from Bridgestone Dueler to Toyo tires, by the way. It's a good type of tires for those who are into hunting and driving to muddy areas. It also handles well in wet/dry road conditions.
Off-R

Name: Johnny

by KingBird » Thu May 11, 2017 8:52 am

IMG_20170511_074222181.jpg

Been real impressed with these.

I've hit some minor trails with them and have been pleasantly surprised with their performance. They're so much better than the Wrangler silent armors that I had before. I'm not an idiot, so I haven't gotten into any horrible mud with them but what I have gotten into was some pretty slick shite and didn't even need 4wd once the rear locker engaged. I even stop in the middle of the mudhole to scare those that I'm with and they just grip and pull me right out!

I haven't even had to air down yet, but I probably will soon because of a climb that I just can't seem to get over as of yet. It's steep enough that I lose oil pressure and the last time I tried it was when I figured out that my transfer case clutches were toast.

They make some noise at about 50mph but it's not bad, just a slight drone.
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by HawkeyeC25 » Fri May 12, 2017 11:44 am

KingBird wrote:
Been real impressed with these.

I've hit some minor trails with them and have been pleasantly surprised with their performance. They're so much better than the Wrangler silent armors that I had before. I'm not an idiot, so I haven't gotten into any horrible mud with them but what I have gotten into was some pretty slick shite and didn't even need 4wd once the rear locker engaged. I even stop in the middle of the mudhole to scare those that I'm with and they just grip and pull me right out!

I haven't even had to air down yet, but I probably will soon because of a climb that I just can't seem to get over as of yet. It's steep enough that I lose oil pressure and the last time I tried it was when I figured out that my transfer case clutches were toast.

They make some noise at about 50mph but it's not bad, just a slight drone.

I've got the same ones!! Love them! Airing down makes a huge difference in sand if you drop them down enough to make the shoulder tread contact the ground! I have found these tires grip in just about everything I've driven them in (Mud, sand, hard pack, gravel, snow).

Here was a decent hill climb this weekend! Not too soft, but steep enough that wheel spin was a necessity to make it up!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Previous

Return to Wheels / Tires