Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

New Setup Help

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by JorDaneeKey » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:55 pm

Defenbach wrote: Djthumper's tb actually looks really clean in comparison to most of the tb's Ive seen on here and I could definitely see myself going with the same setup.

I think he just insulted some of us......

Defenbach wrote:I have never seen a lifted vehicle in a refinery and I, honestly, doubt I will.

So I may not be familiar with refineries up there, but I seem to recall seeing a few modified trucks at some other refineries. Perhaps it really is a different world on the West Coast, where working men and women drive Priuses instead? I think I'll stay East of the Rockies from here on out.....
As told by the other half: Build Thread
JorDaneeKey
Addict

Name: JorDanee
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Moots1288 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:09 pm

Yea he def said my truck looks like shit haha
Moots1288
Veteran

Name: Moots
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Conner299 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:23 pm

I have Marks 3", and now that I've gotten used to it, can't even tell that I have it. Till I look at a stock Blazer, that is. The 3" doesn't make it look like a redneck mudder-mobile, and looks way better than the vertically elongated station wagon, stock look. It just "looks" the way a truck should.
I DON'T care what my GMT360 was designed to do, I care about what it can do!
Conner299
Addict

Name: Ed
Vehicle Year: 2005

by Defenbach » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:31 pm

I had no intention of offending anyone. I was just trying to say that his truck has more of the stock look rather than the heavily modified look. I think the lifted trucks with the huge swampers look sick and if I didn't use my TB as a daily driver I would be all over that. But sometimes I drive 300-400 miles a day and I love the way it drives. I would hate to have a rugged pickup for that kind of distance.
Defenbach
Cruiser

Name: Kyle

by Conner299 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:42 am

Mine's a DD. My tires are 255/70-16's, and still rides like stock. I wasn't offended BTW. Just trying to throw out an option.
I DON'T care what my GMT360 was designed to do, I care about what it can do!
Conner299
Addict

Name: Ed

by v7guy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:07 am

Moots1288 wrote:Yea he def said my truck looks like shit haha

Thread is full of hate for the guys living in the NE, bdp1978 said I wrote the dumbest thing he's read in a long time. I'm hoping he's just mostly illiterate and doesn't read much :finger: :lol:
build thread

All things in moderation, including moderation.
Some people never go crazy... what truly horrible lives they must lead
v7guy

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004

by HARDTRAILZ » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:46 am

Stock sucks...
I hate to advocate weird chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone...but
they've always worked for me.
HARDTRAILZ

Name: Kyle
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Diacom » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:44 pm

JorDaneeKey wrote:
Defenbach wrote: Djthumper's tb actually looks really clean in comparison to most of the tb's Ive seen on here and I could definitely see myself going with the same setup.

I think he just insulted most of us......

Defenbach wrote:I have never seen a lifted vehicle in a refinery and I, honestly, doubt I will.

So I may not be familiar with refineries up there, but I seem to recall seeing a few modified trucks at some other refineries. Perhaps it really is a different world on the West Coast, where working men and women drive Priuses instead? I think I'll stay East of the Rockies from here on out.....

It has nothing to do with the refineries on the West Coast. It has more to do with the perception of being "green" to the community so as to not have them gunning for your companies demise.

Now on the other hand. When I did bring my lifted TB into work, everyone, and I mean everyone commented on how it was the best looking TB they have seen.

New job, same story.

And a little FYI for the OP, lifting your TB should be considered a Tread Lightly issue. Stock they hang so low and drag through many of the two track roads that pipeline workers often would have to travel. By lifting your TB, you infact help aleviate causing further roadway damage by not dragging your underside on occasion on vegetation or the center of the roadway when it is somewhat rutted out.

The other issue that comes to mind is a mildly lifted TB rides much better than stock even w/o the rear sway bar connected in my experience. The body lean on a stock model at times is uncomfortable, such as say on an off/on ramp with a good deal of curve. Since lifting ours, my wife and I both agree that it handles these and other corners with less body roll than what we experienced prior.

To back this up, my recent TB purchase is completly stock and again, I can actually feel the body sway again that I was so used to not feeling again.

As long as you don't put zombie stickers or get overly gaudy with your accessories, you should be presenting a professional image of both yourself and the company you represent with a lifted TB.
Diacom
Addict

Name: Noel
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by dvanbramer88 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:50 pm

Diacom wrote:
To back this up, my recent TB purchase is completely stock and again, I can actually feel the body sway again that I was so used to not feeling again.

As long as you don't put zombie stickers or get overly gaudy with your accessories, you should be presenting a professional image of both yourself and the company you represent with a lifted TB.

:Iagree: A lot of people have been trying to tell the OP this. A small amount of lift and upgraded shocks and springs IMPROVE the ride quality and help you clear bigger tires.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

Previous

Return to Wheels / Tires