Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

A/T Tires for a Tight Budget

Need new shoes? This is the place to discuss.

by mikekey » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:13 pm

I've been running the Grabbers since last April, and ran the things all the way from St. Petersburg, FL to Moab and the likes, with no problems. Personally I'm a fan of the tires. No issues, not a lot of noise, and so far they seem to have handled everything well. And I've been extremely impressed with the tread life considering how much highway use they've seen.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by MelloYello88 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:59 am

Love my Grabber AT2's. Put them on my 2500HD also. I have 13,500 miles on them with the TB and they are still quiet as the day I put them on. I rotate them ever 5,000 miles.....So far. When I go off-road I air down to 15lbs and they work terrific on all terrain. Worth every penny! :friday:
Owned from "New", AirAid CAI & Throttle plate spacer, Rough Country 2" frt lift 3/4" rear lift, General Grabber AT2 255/70R16, Powerstop truck and tow rotors & and pads
MelloYello88

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 am

I ended up going with the Toyo Open Country AT2s. For the 10 ply in the 265/75/16 they came in at just under $800 OTD.
They are pretty quiet on the road and have a more meaty tread than I expected. I have gotten a lot of good comments from folks in the week that I have had them on.
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD

by blacksheep » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:36 am

Just to muddy the water more... Cooper ATP http://www.discounttire.com/infocooperd ... eratp.html (discounttire exclusive but comparable to at3's). I bought P265/75/16 for $113 for my last truck. They have a LT version available but it was about $45 a tire more but with a E load. At the time I wanted to get through winter with some decent tires before it was sold in the spring. Ended up being really impressed, quiet, aggressive, good tread depth, 60k war.. They seemed to run small for the size but we had a serious winter this year and with those tires and limited slip rarely HAD to use 4wd. Little info is available online since its a DT exclusive but if they have the right size, likely be buying another set.
blacksheep
Cruiser

Name: Steve
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Previous

Return to Wheels / Tires