Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

4x4 issues

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by Projecttb » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:44 pm

new to offroadtb and figured some of you guys might be able to help me figure out a issue. my 4x4 acts up every once and a while (3 or 4 times a year) my service 4x4 light comes on and as soon as I put gas in my truck (sounds stupid I know) the light goes off. I've checked and my 4x4 still works but the light occasionally comes on and stops it from working while the lights on has anyone else experienced this? and im never out of gas when the light comes on its weird and I don't know how they could be connected.
Projecttb

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by KingBird » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:36 pm

Hmmm.

The only thing I can think of is that since the system resets with every key cycle, and you kill it to put gas in, that would be the only connection between the two that I could think of.

I'm thinking that you have an intermittent problem with your encoder motor not functioning properly. I would guess disconnect but if it were messed up you'd get the dash light but your selector would also flash when placed in any 4wd position.

Can you hear your encoder switching between modes on the transfer case when you try to put it in 4wd when you get the dash light?
Bravada G80 3.73 converted to selectable 4wd.
KingBird
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brian
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Off Road Discussion