Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Lime Swap tune

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by Jrgunn5150 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 7:45 pm

I had one done on Saturday. Previously I had attempted to mess around with a buddy's EFI Live, but it really wasn't very effective. My tuck is a 06 with the 5.3, 3.42 gear's, and 255/75r17 tires.

I went down to Novi, talked with Jeremy a while, who's a nice guy, and really knowledgeable about tuning. It seems he usually tunes for a more street oriented crowd, but we were able to come up with a strategy I'm happy with.

Before I went in, my speedometer was off by 10%, he got that corrected, I had an EVAP solenoid code, that made the pump shut off non-stop while fueling, he killed that, pumps gas fine now, traction control is killed, Displacement on Demand is killed, I'm not blowing big clouds of smoke coming out of cruise now.

All in all, for 100 bucks, I'm really happy. I didn't gain 567 RWHP, or probably any, but it drives much nicer now. Holds lockup where before it wanted to kick down two gear's to keep 60 mph on a two lane highway up a slight incline. It has improved my MPG by about 1.5. My speedo is accurate. The thing is really a pleasure to drive now, whereas before it was quirky to say the least.
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Ole Blue » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:12 am

Good deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ole Blue
Off-Roader

Name: Cedd
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD

by HawkeyeC25 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:32 am

Nice! Didn't realize you were that close to me until you said you drove to Novi! I sold my efi live after I sold my diesel truck. I was kicking myself for not keeping it at first when I bought the TB, but the general consensus is that they are too expensive for the limited usefulness on gas engines. (Diesels easily make more power...just add fuel :D) Sounds like it was $100 well spent!!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Jrgunn5150 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:02 pm

Well, my buddy has EFI Live, I just bought the tuning credit and made a fumbling attempt to use it.

Of course a pro came along and made it look easy lol.

And yes, we are fairly close together, hit me up if you want to go wheeling or wrenching sometime!
Jrgunn5150
Veteran

Name: Jr.
Vehicle Year: 2006
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Off Road Discussion