Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Ever get stuck? Post up your pics!

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by Trail X » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:12 am

Found some old ones... figured they belonged here:

I hit what I thought was supposed to be an easy ride up to a nearby mountain, Chestnut Mtn. The rain we had the prior days ended up providing a more difficult trail than we had expected. With ruts at least 12" deep, I pulled the non-lifted Blazer through 90% of this section.

The ruts got a little too deep even for me, but because of the slick clay, even with M/Ts, you couldn't get out of the ruts. They were like railroad tracks.

So the simple solution was to tie the front end of the brush guard to a nearby tree. As I headed forward, the chain pulled my front end out of the rut. That's an example of using the simplest method possible to recover a vehicle.

I wouldn't have wanted to try this maneuver without the WAAG guard though. It allowed me to hook to it without damaging any part of the vehicle.

:flex dirty:
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by MrSmithsTB » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:27 am

05ls_soldier wrote:Yea, my buddy with a stock wrangler with some firestone mt's made it! so ill be trying again in january with the lift and tires! It may as well been concrete, still chiseling chunks of HARD mud out of my frame and this was in like march or so!

The Firestones would have made it, I think. My Firestones(worn as the dickens, mind you) faired extremely well recently. I guarantee they would have killed that with minimal problems. Federals come close in terms of tread. You can find them at Onlinetires. They are mad cheap. wouldn't pass it up.....
back in the saddle
TB BUILD
MrSmithsTB
Veteran

Name: Bob
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Other GMT360/370
DriveTrain: AWD w/ G80

by lil_freak_66 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 pm

JD,i loved your video from that day!

i only recovered that wrangler out the one time,and i have no pics of the actual extraction,just the wrangler....and you've all seen them on the OS.

i already posted my stuck picture a few posts above this one... :flex dirty:
Michigan Search & Rescue.
SARTECH III
lil_freak_66
Trail-Blazer

Name: Tyler
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by djarmy2004 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:58 am

Some nice pics there
djarmy2004