Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

envoy xl parts

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by 1BigShuttle » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:35 pm

I know this is a really broad one and pleas let me know if I should break it into individual questions across other threads. I just got an 04 envoy xl. I was wondering what was a direct fit from a standard envoy/tb. Primarily concerned with bumpers (I would like to find a used steel bumper), body lifts (no one can tell me if the body lift from a standard will work on an xl, z71 springs. And standard spacer lifts, I would appreciate any knowledge yall would have when it come to general components that are the same as well. Thanks!!
1BigShuttle

Name: Jason
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by BC backroader » Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:53 pm

I've had my TB EXT for 8 months now, and after many hours of reading this forum, and GMT Nation, have learned the following:

Body changes from Envoy XL and TB EXT to the short versions of each are basically the rear liftgate, rear doors, and of course the stretched body and raised rear roofline. All of the front sheet metal and bumpers, and rear bumpers, should be fully interchangeable at each trim level/year for each make.

The main driveline changes are larger rear axle (8.6" for EXT/XL, 8.0" for short versions), and larger front and rear brake rotors, 13" on ours vs 12" on shorties. The larger brakes can be fitted to the short trucks, but wheels need to 17",not 16".

The lift kits, both suspension and body, and Z71 springs, should work with all of the 360 and 370(EXT/XL) models.

When you get to specifics, search carefully for threads on each subject here, they have covered everything, and don't like to have to repeat info over and over. The build threads are a goldmine of detailed info, with tons of pics, so check them out, too.

And welcome to the forum, I've learned a load of things here in my short stay, I'm sure you will, too.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5844
BC backroader
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by 1BigShuttle » Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:52 pm

Thanks a ton! My computer is down and searching via my phone has been producing few results. I promise this post was not out of laziness. You answered 90% of what I was looking for. Greatly appreciatrd.
1BigShuttle

Name: Jason
Vehicle: GMC Envoy XL

by Docsmudpig » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:05 pm

I have a TB EXT and I've done alot to it suspension and lift wise and I really didn't run into problems resulting from the short wheel base to the ext wheel base. Most after market places have the option when ordering for the ext suspension upgrades
Docsmudpig
Cruiser

Name: nate
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Off Road Discussion