Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Pacific Northwest Trails

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by Saxis » Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:00 pm

Huge amount of Trailvoys around, but not many members here (or the OS, for that matter). What I've been looking for are a few trails to hit. You'd think with all the logging access and forest roads around here there would be some good trails, but nothing really close that constitutes a "sanctioned" OHV trail. I know of quite a few "areas" that are mostly just cat-roads from logging and gravel/mud pits, or river access trails that get badly rutted and torn up by mudders. Those are usually the sites of underage weekend keggers rather than conscientious trail riding... :flex dirty:

One area of interest is the Tillamook State Forest in Northwest Oregon: including Browns Camp, Jordan Creek, Trask and Diamond Mill. About 3.5 hours from me but looks to have a broad range of trail riding: from beginner forest roads to expert crawling trails for Class I, II and III OHVs, including some non-motorized trails for hiking/biking/horseback.

There are possibly a few up north in the Olympic Mountains, which would probably be the closest, but many of the roads up there don't fare well in the winter, and don't get rebuilt. Also a few east in the Cascades, ranging from 2-6 hours of driving. These are close proximity to the greater Seattle area and possibly crowded when open during the warmer months.

Anyone here ever made it up this way to check out any trails, or have information about them? I was able to get a map of the Tillamook State Forest trails and it's a huge area. Browns Camp and Jordan Creek alone supposedly offer over 100 miles of trails. Hopefully I can get over in that area next summer to check it out...

:coffee:
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

Name: Jesse
Vehicle Year: 2007
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by 02TahoeMD » Wed Dec 02, 2009 10:00 pm

You may want to head over to the Expedition Portal website, where traveling off the beaten path is the central theme. There is probably someone over on the regional chapter that can help you out. http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=82
02TahoeMD
Cruiser

Name: JW
Vehicle Year: 2002
DriveTrain: 4WD

by Trail X » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:36 am

Here are some I found information on.

http://www.nwjeepn.com/Tahuya.html

http://www.aworc.com/orv-area/Ahtanum-State-Forest.html

Also, my favorite trails website is 4x4trails.net Search their trails by state here: http://www.4x4trails.net/db_search.php
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by Saxis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:31 pm

Good find on the Tahuya Trail. That's only a couple hours away. I looked at Ahtanum and it's a good 6 hour drive. Maybe good for a weekend or longer trip...

I'll have to check out 4x4trails, Thanks!
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

by Saxis » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:51 pm

Didn't see much at all on 4x4Trails in WA.

The good news is that I just found out I made an extra $1200 this month. That should pay off the Holidays and divorce lawyer so I can get lifted next month. :excited:
Saxis
Trail-Blazer

by Philberto » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:57 pm

yeah, I'm not too pleased with 4x4trails' site either. I use trails.com (without having the full membership) to find out the names of the trails (has them dotted on a google map) and then google the names for more info. Alternatively, pick up a trail guide at your local bookstore or online from Amazon, Borders, or B&N.
My Build Thread | 2006 Trailblazer LS Desert Camping Edition **SOLD**
2013 Nissan Xterra S "ReXterra"
Philberto
Lifer

Name: Philip Cruz
Vehicle Year: Other
DriveTrain: 4WD

Return to Off Road Discussion