Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

carpet removal front floor pans.

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by mikekey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:33 am

If the guys on TBSSOwners are to be believed in their weight discussion, losing all the carpet frees up 80lbs. I know that just removing the rear carpet was pretty heavy, wish I weighted it. I know for a fact our rear leather seats weight 175lbs, those we weighted, and it seems to fit with the claim that all of the seats weigh a total of 300 lbs.

If weight reduction matters to anyone.

Oh Mike, yeah with a kid now, I might get those. Thinking of future sippy cup spills, or maybe I should just remove all the carpet anyways, lol.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by TBYODA » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:33 pm

mikekey wrote:Oh Mike, yeah with a kid now, I might get those. Thinking of future sippy cup spills, or maybe I should just remove all the carpet anyways, lol.
You want to get the sippy cups that have a valve that the child has to suck the liquid through. So dropping it only produces a very tiny drip if really any. Every brand has different way of doing but here is example. Image

Edit: I can't believe I just gave a parenting tip in this thread. :facepalm: Then again with no carpet and bed lined you can just take holes to any mishaps. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
2008 TB Radflo coil overs, Z71 rear springs, 2" spacer, skyjacker N8030 shocks, LT285/75R16E Goodyear MTR

My Build ----- MY Youtube Channel
TBYODA

Name: Robert Sengillo
Vehicle Year: 2008
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Limited Slip

by tarsh » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 pm

I pulled(cut) my carpet off the floor pans. No rust. A drain on the drivers side for something. ALOT of foot room freed up wich was nice. The carpet and foam and padding was totally saturated. Its not that ugly.
Take the path less traveled
My Build Thread
tarsh
Trail-Blazer

Name: Nathan Schroeder
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD

by JCrayton99 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:14 pm

I pulled all my carpet out and rolled some bed liner down. I got Weathertech front mats. Without the carpet they do not fit well at all. Almost to the point of wanting to sell them and just find a universal floor mat that fits better.
JCrayton99
Trail-Blazer

Name: John Crayton

by mikekey » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 pm

JCrayton99 wrote:I pulled all my carpet out and rolled some bed liner down. I got Weathertech front mats. Without the carpet they do not fit well at all. Almost to the point of wanting to sell them and just find a universal floor mat that fits better.

Glad I did not run off and tear out my carpet and buy weathertech floor mats.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2003

by JCrayton99 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:32 am

I wish I had gotten the ambition earlier to pull the rug. Just didnt think about the space the rug took up around the mats.
JCrayton99
Trail-Blazer

Name: John Crayton

Previous

Return to Off Road Discussion