Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

What tools and spare parts do you carry off road?

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by DanPaul000 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 pm

Hi all,

I'm relatively new here, though have been lurking for a while. I'm planning on putting my first lift on my TB (still stock) this next spring/summer.

I'm curious, what kind of tools and spare parts do you veteran off-roaders carry with you when you are off-roading for a day or expeditioning for multiple days? I've seen all the fancy custom drawers and toolboxes on the build threads and am curious as to what hardware is inside!

I keep a set of socket wrenches and a couple screwdrivers and pliers, as well as my hanes manual and shop towels, but that's about it. However, most of my roadside repairs have been, well, roadside and limited to swapping a broken part out from under the hood. I've never had to contend too seriously (yet!) with the prospect of doing emergency suspension/drivetrain repairs.

On another note, what is the craziest emergency/off-road repair you've ever had to do?

Cheers!
Dan
DanPaul000

Name: Dan Albert
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by navigator » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:37 pm

"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

by DanPaul000 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks!
DanPaul000

Name: Dan Albert

by The Roadie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:33 pm

I've added and subtracted things since I did my inventory list, but my build thread goes into all the drawer and container contents.

My dumbest noob mod (tow hooks bolted to my radiator skid plate)

led to this need for a strap pull in the middle of the desert to unstick my fan from the fan shroud after I hit those hooks into some packed sand at the start of an uphill section.

The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Off Road Discussion