Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Big Bear

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by catrailrider » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:32 am

Can anyone recommend some cool off-road trails in the Big Bear area for stock Trailblazers. I've got to get outta dodge for a while away from the rat race
catrailrider
Cruiser

Name: Scott
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD

by dvanbramer88 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 11:39 am

There is a small handful of trip threads in the trial rides section about Big Bear. Don't know if you've seen them or not.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer

by catrailrider » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks
catrailrider
Cruiser

Name: Scott
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

by The Roadie » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:40 pm

I go there 2-3 times a year, and led some of the trail rides up there when we have groups. There are a bunch of good maps like the one of the San Bernardino National Forest you should have, along with an Adventure Pass. Very nice Visitor Center on the north side of the lake, where you can also get the pass. Some nice free Yellow Post campsites are accessible by stock trucks, but to have fire rings you're sometimes better off at a campsite like Holcolm Valley on forest road 3N16. Lots of historical sites along 3N16 to the north of the lake. More ATV activity and some scenic vistas on 3N03 to the east of rt 18. Also a couple of fantastic trails to the south of the lake if the snow's melted that take you down Clark's Grade to rt 38.

Where are you driving from to get there? I'm in Vista if you wanted to check out some maps.
The Roadie
Founder

Name: Bill Carton
Vehicle: GMC Envoy
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

Return to Off Road Discussion