Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Aux fuel tank

Dumping ground for offroad Trailblazer or Envoy general discussion.

by bgwolfpack » Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:52 pm

teebes wrote:
NeilageInc wrote:We can plumb it right in to the filler neck for both the feed and air relief. As long as it completes a closed circuit the engine will pressurize both tanks and away you go. Just let me know. Thanks Neil. :excited:

I could see the need to only fill the main tank, majority of the time. The aux would be handy for super cheap gas prices (stocking up) or in prep for trips. I'm thinking the less adjustments to the OEM setup the better.

I plan to start taking some measurements and possible mockup this evening. Neil, this might be another reason to cut up the rear cross members and such :viking:

:safari:
Teebes, were you able to come up with any dimensions regarding your mock up? And what other reason would you have for cutting up the cross members? Or are you speaking of members here? Names :tongue:
bgwolfpack
Veteran

Name: Randy
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD

by teebes » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:18 pm

bgwolfpack wrote:
teebes wrote:
NeilageInc wrote:We can plumb it right in to the filler neck for both the feed and air relief. As long as it completes a closed circuit the engine will pressurize both tanks and away you go. Just let me know. Thanks Neil. :excited:

I could see the need to only fill the main tank, majority of the time. The aux would be handy for super cheap gas prices (stocking up) or in prep for trips. I'm thinking the less adjustments to the OEM setup the better.

I plan to start taking some measurements and possible mockup this evening. Neil, this might be another reason to cut up the rear cross members and such :viking:

:safari:
Teebes, were you able to come up with any dimensions regarding your mock up? And what other reason would you have for cutting up the cross members? Or are you speaking of members here? Names :tongue:

Not yet, I'm been preoccupied with other crap. The thought behind the crossmember relocation was to allow the aux tank to sit up a tad higher as I have a body lift and some 'room' :raspberry:
teebes
Founder

Name: Teebes
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by revamp » Sat Jul 12, 2014 10:30 pm

Hey guys, I know this is a pretty old thread, but did anything ever come of it? I am researching options to get beyond the 18.7 Gal stock tank in the TB and put something in the spare tire area.

Hope everyone is well!

Look forward to hearing of any positive projects from this discussion.

Thanks
revamp

Name: Erik Beyer
Vehicle Year: 2002

by bartonmd » Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:56 pm

I don't think so, but you can get another 3 gallons or whatever the difference is, and put in the 2004+ 22.5 gallon (I think?) tank. IIRC, it was an option on the early ones, so it should just bolt in.

Mike
bartonmd

Name: Mike
Vehicle Year: 2007
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by navigator » Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:57 am

here is a link where a member installed a big suburban tank.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2813&p=48851&hilit=suburban+fuel+tank#p48851
"Please consider a search before posting. Folks on this site PIONEERED functional offroad use of these trucks."
The answer to many common lift questions can be found
here
My Build Thread
navigator

Name: Chris
Vehicle Year: 2006

Previous

Return to Off Road Discussion