Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

Harrison Lake run after snow storms

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by BC backroader » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:08 am

I took My buddy Jim for a run up the east side of Harrison Lake today, to check out road conditions after the recent snow storms. The main logging road was well plowed, though quite narrow, with high banks from the plowing in some sections, so meeting oncoming traffic was tricky, as both vehicles had to push the passenger side into the quite firm snowbank, and fold mirrors in to clear each other on the driver's side. Being the Family Day Holiday here in BC, we didn't have to contend with logging traffic, thank goodness.

We continued N on the main road as far as the Clear Creek hot springs turnoff, though the well plowed sections ended at Big Silver Creek logging camp. It was late enough in the day to turn around and return to pavement, 35 km behind us, so we did just that. Our only wildlife encounter occurred between Cogburn Creek Camp and Bear Creek campsite, when we rounded a curve and startled a couple of big Blacktail does, who bolted into the timber so fast that neither of us got our cameras aimed for a shot. The rest of the run out was uneventful, but by the time we got back to pavement, you could hardly tell what colour my truck was! With the bright sun and snowy hills, it was a very pleasant day to be out in the back country of BC.
Attachments
IMG_0341.JPG
No room to pass!
IMG_0340.JPG
Mt Breckinridge in the distance
IMG_0344.JPG
Logging camp at Cogburn Creek
IMG_0350.JPG
Rainbow Falls
IMG_0354.JPG
Rainbow Creek
IMG_0356.JPG
Ice wall near Rainbow Creek
IMG_0357.JPG
Dirty truck after the trip!
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5844
BC backroader
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by Off-R » Fri May 05, 2017 12:29 am

great looking photos
Off-R

Name: Johnny
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by galio839 » Sun May 07, 2017 3:44 am

Great photos you have there, my friend! It'd be great if you'd post some more pictures of your ride! Keep up the good work! =D
galio839
Cruiser

Name: George Smith
Vehicle Year: 2002
Vehicle: Other Vehicle

by BC backroader » Mon May 08, 2017 2:06 am

I was up that same road, and an interesting side branch today. Spotted a gorgeous cinnamon colour black bear. It was so big, I watched it for several minutes before I got a good enough look to tell that it wasn't a Grizzly. Unfortunately, no pics.
My build thread: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=5844
BC backroader
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brad
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT

Return to Trail Rides / Trips