Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED - Schnebly Hill Road - Sedona, AZ

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by HawkeyeC25 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:14 pm

So here's the story on this trek. We drove down from the Grand Canyon to Sedona for the day and I had previously watched a few YouTube videos of Jeeps traversing Schnebly Hill Road. Looked easy enough... 4 years ago :facepalm: Turns out, after talking with locals about half a mile into it, it has been washed out, eroded, and torn up by jeep and hummer tours. I don't think I've ever spent this much time driving over road with constant rocks and trenches that threw me around this bad. I literally had to stop 3 times because my wife was going to puke HAHA! It took us 1.5 hours to make the 5.5 mile climb from Sedona to the top of the canyon!! We barely made it to the top by sundown. After that, I was at least able to average about 20-30mph. I did get a great chance to push the limits of the radflo's. I got so sick of rolling over the rocks at a walking pace that I put the hammer down and let er ride! Surprisingly it handles it very well! But I didn't want to risk losing a tire that far into the trail and that close to sundown. There was very little traffic out there. The views were pretty amazing and we were excited to finally make it all the way to the end. Great time!!
2005 Trailblazer EXT LT V8 Lifted
Build Thread
There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.
HawkeyeC25
Trail-Blazer

Name: Craig
Vehicle Year: 2005
Vehicle: Chevrolet Trailblazer EXT
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Return to Trail Rides / Trips