Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: Las Cruces, NM Paleozoic Trackways Rec Area

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by TexTrail » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:05 pm

Home of the chile challenge and the famous La Posta restaurant in Mesilla. The trip dates are January 11-13. There are trails ranging from caliche road with steep grades all the way to level 5 (locked front rear, 3-7 ft ledges and a good possibility of roll over and body damage). This is a few of us keep guys running the 4 and 5 rated trails Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. If you don't think you want to try and tackle the trails we do there is an online map on las cruces 4 wheel drive clubs website that shows all the trails and their ratings. Anyone with right equipment will be welcome on the trail with us and if anyone didn't know about LC until now it is worth coming and wheeling with any level vehicle. I'll be driving a modified jeep as will the others in the group. I have the smallest jeep 35" tires and lockers front and rear.
Last edited by TexTrail on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
TexTrail

Name: Matt
Vehicle Year: 2006
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 2WD

by TexTrail » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:47 pm

There's no one interested in this I'm kind of surprised. Is it because most of you that actually wheel live too far away or because there will be too many jeeps?
TexTrail

by NC_IslandRunner » Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:05 pm

Most likely it's the distance, or plans already in place. We ain't afraid of Jeeps!
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by djthumper » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:29 am

We aren't afraid of Jeeps. The jeeps and FJs in my SAR team have been surprised by mine and then I have more gear in mine then they carry including communications.
djthumper

Name: Larry
DriveTrain: 4WD

by NC_IslandRunner » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:53 am

djthumper wrote:We aren't afraid of Jeeps. The jeeps and FJs in my SAR team have been surprised by mine and then I have more gear in mine then they carry including communications.

I read the SUV survey on ExPo, one guy said in a Jeep once you pack your dog it is full!
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by dvanbramer88 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:07 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:
djthumper wrote:We aren't afraid of Jeeps. The jeeps and FJs in my SAR team have been surprised by mine and then I have more gear in mine then they carry including communications.

I read the SUV survey on ExPo, one guy said in a Jeep once you pack your dog it is full!

And that's even leaving your girl at home.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

by TexTrail » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 pm

The trip was fun but I broke my rear axle. Tabasco Twister is what we ended up running. It took all day due to some complications. We had a jeep with a week fuel pump and would only run for 30-60 seconds and then we'd tow it to the next spot. It gave out completely by the end. That and dragging my 3 wheeler up the trail with a broken axle shaft. The disc brake held the axle in even though it's a c clip. I'm ordering the superior super 88 kit for it so I can add chromo axles. I have pictures but it's all jeeps so not sure I'll post but a few.

We are planning another run out there on march 8-10.

I don't know how to change the thread title to complete. If any mods can please do.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358474686.334210.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358474704.762589.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358474724.073733.jpg
TexTrail

by dvanbramer88 » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:10 am

Nice Jeeps. If you edit your first post, You can change the title that way.
Chevy Power!
Long live the Republic
"Violence is not always evil. The judicious use of violence and those willing to use it without hesitation is often all that stands between wolves and sheep."

Build Thread
dvanbramer88
Lifer

Name: Dave
Vehicle Year: 2002

Return to Trail Rides / Trips