Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

COMPLETED: The Big Western Trip - September 2009

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by AlekG » Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:46 am

Day 17 & 18 - September 20 & 21

The next two days were long drives again and luckily, with great weather. There must be a better way to get out west with your vehicle!

I didn't take many photos, except of other Trailblazer/Envoy vehicles that passed me (see first post). Here are a few curiosities from the road, they are self explanatory.

Image Image Image

Overall it was a great trip for me. The vehicle held up very well again. The only regret I have is that I did not camp anywhere. I'm not sure why I didn't on this trip. I had everything I needed with me but for some reason there just seemed to be a lack of conviction on my part. Maybe it has something to do with the Tent Cot I use for camping. Its very quick to set up and tear down outside the vehicle. However, it does take some doing to take it out and put it back as I have to remove a lot of things that sit on top of it while traveling. Plus getting access to the camping gear I have in the ammo cases on the roof rack is somewhat clumsy with how I have them tied down.

There will definitely be some upgrades in my near future, particularly if I want to go for another extended adventure next year. I see drawers; I see a different, smaller footprint fast deployment tent; I see better tie down techniques for items on the Safari Rack; I see more planning needed!

I'd like to thank everyone on their nice comments, its always good to hear from fellow travelers. If you have any specific questions, please post them here or send me a private message, I will try to get back to you promptly.

Well, until next time!

Garmin GPS Track (large file)

September 20 Google Map

Garmin GPS Track (large file)

September 21 Google Map

|| Documenting and sharing overland travels ||
|| adventures and expeditions ||
|| Trailblazer modifications ||
AlekG
Off-Roader

Name: Alek
Vehicle Year: 2006