Offroad Trailblazers and Envoys

PLANNING: Summer Tour 2011 - National Parks Road Trip

Post a future trail ride or document a completed trip. Let us join in on your adventure!
Forum rules
Please label new threads with the following to indicate the type of thread:

COMPLETED: a completed trip
IN PROGRESS: a trip currently in progress
PLANNING: researching or recruiting

Please feel free to utilize the trail rating article found below.

by OregTrailBlazin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 6:36 pm

mikekey wrote:What class rapids are on the river?

Sorry, I missed this post.. Mainly 3-4 with a few 5's..
Johnny Kurz
General Manager
541-474-2879
Wheeler's Off-Road Inc.
Our Vendor Section
OregTrailBlazin
Off-Road Vendor

Name: Johnathan Kurz
Vehicle Year: 2004
Vehicle: Chevrolet TrailBlazer
DriveTrain: 4WD

by jolly01 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:32 pm

While on the East coast you should visit Congaree Nat. Park. Call in advance and reserve a seat on a canoe with me. We are just outside of South Carolina's Capital city of Columbia. We do not offer much in the way of extreme, except for the size of the trees. Check out the website www.nps.gov/cong/index.htm then add us to your list.
Heaven on Earth is Hell on wheels
jolly01
Cruiser

Name: Michael
Vehicle Year: 2003
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ G80

by mikekey » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:20 am

I've had my share of the east coast, lol.

Looks like we might be taking off sometimes after the 3rd, friends wedding is on the 11th of June.

Was going to start some major planning this weekend, but I have a lot of work to catch up on.

On a side note, started ordering some new gear.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

Name: Mike

by BSalty » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Instead of going through the north end of AZ and NM take I-15 North and drive through the Rocky Mountains along I-70 to Grand Junction CO. It is a gorgeous trip and you can add Arches National Monument to the trip. And if you have the hankerin' you can go to Moab and play in the slick rock trails. There are TONS of old mining trails down that way. That section of Utah has more dirt roads and off roading places than a lot of the rest of the country combined. Elevations from 5-9500'+ You can go from sagebrush flats to aspen forests to pine forests and back several times in one day. Its where I go to play a few times a year.

We do a bi-yearly family trip to Yellowstone and its this summer, if the timing is right we could meet up. :thumleft:
BSalty
Trail-Blazer

Name: Brandon

by gotspeed1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:16 pm

CBRguy wrote:drive through the Rocky Mountains along I-70 to Grand Junction CO

The drive through Glenwood Canyon is amazing as well!!!!
3...2...1....FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!
gotspeed1
Trail-Blazer

Name: Joey
Vehicle Year: 2002

by mikekey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 pm

My friend's wedding is June 11th, officially we'll more than likely leave here on June 3rd. But the real adventure will start June 13th, and we are extending our time frame from 30-45 days to a full out 60 day trip.
Once lifted 03 Trailblazer on 35's, gave it up to travel the USA with my family.
mikekey
Lifer

by Trail X » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:36 am

mikekey wrote:My friend's wedding is June 11th, officially we'll more than likely leave here on June 3rd. But the real adventure will start June 13th, and we are extending our time frame from 30-45 days to a full out 60 day trip.

Wow that sounds really nice. I'm going to be lucky if I can get 16 days for my trip. Sounds like I need to start my own business and become my own boss.
8-) Build Thread | ExPo Build | YouTube Videos
Not all who wander are lost. -Tolkien
Trail X
Founder

Name: James Downing
Vehicle Year: 2005
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

by mikekey » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:17 am

JamesDowning wrote:
mikekey wrote:My friend's wedding is June 11th, officially we'll more than likely leave here on June 3rd. But the real adventure will start June 13th, and we are extending our time frame from 30-45 days to a full out 60 day trip.

Wow that sounds really nice. I'm going to be lucky if I can get 16 days for my trip. Sounds like I need to start my own business and become my own boss.

Th kind of business helps, mine is location independent, so I can go on the road with it. I have an uncle who owns a contracting business and all he does is work work work.

But I also know people who quit their jobs and sell all their crap to go on long trips.

I'm by no means rich or anything, most of you probably make more money than me. I just adapted to living below my means so I can enjoy the things I do enjoy, like the outdoors.

My personal goal is to be able to travel like this for at least 4-6 months out of the year eventually. Really important to me when I have kids, as I want to install a love for all things outdoors in them. I grew up camping and hunting, and I'd rather teach my kids rock climbing then how to beat a level of halo 3.

Took me a long time and a lot of mistakes to get here. Anything worth doing involves risk though.

I've got some great additional advice from the trailspace forums, and I have some maps coming in the mail here, I plan on updating and sharing my itinerary soon.
mikekey
Lifer

by 15TCarter » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:12 pm

OregTrailBlazin wrote:If you want to head a little further north when your on the west coast we can set up a 3 day rafting excursion!!.. Look up the 'Wild and Scenic Rogue River'

Check out this vid of us Dropping one of the falls...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOyTH4_BRcQ

Can't embed it for some reason

I love the Rouge River. My dad lives in Crescent City, Ca. Supposed to go do the rouge sometime this summer.

Also Mikekey You should stop off in Junction City, KS right by Fort Riley. It would be nice to meet some other TB people.
15TCarter
Cruiser

Name: Eric
Vehicle Year: 2006

by mikekey » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:47 pm

15TCarter wrote:I love the Rouge River. My dad lives in Crescent City, Ca. Supposed to go do the rouge sometime this summer.

Also Mikekey You should stop off in Junction City, KS right by Fort Riley. It would be nice to meet some other TB people.

We'll have to see, I've been being a little loose with planning, compiling lists of things to do at various stops, we can just play things more by ear and do what we feel like doing. I hate rushing around trying to do everything at once.
mikekey
Lifer

by mikekey » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:57 pm

This turned into a bust. As my wife got offered a job we couldn't refuse. I enjoy having more money. And moved to boring St. Petersburg, FL. We're looking at saving up vacation time and attempting this in 2012, before the world ends and all, lol.
mikekey
Lifer

by NC_IslandRunner » Sun Dec 25, 2011 12:35 am

madmanvillain wrote:
mikepeters1983 wrote:Try http://www.treadwright.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. A few guys on here are running them right now, and I will be ordering mine on the frist of the month. They got good tires cheap.

i have a set of the pumas, i love them and have 2500 miles on them but i would not recommend any retread for a road trip like this. theres reasons why its illegal to have retreads on steer tires on tractor trailers.....

I felt the same before, I run treadWright GuardDogs and trust them any distance at highway speed(80mph+). 5hr trip to TECORE V was a breeze as was riding around on the mountains aired down and a small Rock climb out of where I took the photo that ended up as January in the calender.
IF THE FISH STOP BITING... HUNT FOR SHELLS!!!
NC_IslandRunner

Name: Rory
Vehicle Year: 2004

by fishsticks » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:59 pm

NC_IslandRunner wrote:I felt the same before, I run treadWright GuardDogs and trust them any distance at highway speed(80mph+). 5hr trip to TECORE V was a breeze as was riding around on the mountains aired down and a small Rock climb out of where I took the photo that ended up as January in the calender.

X2. I've put thousands of miles on my GDs. Even drove them home over 50 miles at 12psi. No issues.
11 Silverado LTZ - 6.2L/6l80, 2/3 drop, self tuned
85 Hilux - 3RZ, dual cases, caged, 40s, chromo everything
02 TrailBlazer LTZ - 35s, lockers, balls - Gone but not forgotten - Build
fishsticks

Name: Donny
Vehicle Year: Other
Vehicle: Other Vehicle
DriveTrain: 4WD w/ Aftermarket Locker

Previous

Return to Trail Rides / Trips